Clean install of Win10 cannot access IKM website

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Clean install of Win10 cannot access IKM website

Postby phjanak » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:25 pm

Had to format and reinstall windows 10. via chrome or Microsoft's browser, I can go anywhere. Except Ikmultimedia.com's retail website. As opposed to here. Which I found in a Google search. This has happened in the past I just can't remember the solution. Noting is installed except from Chrome and Wifi driver to my ASUS motherboard. This leads me to believe The servers for IKM are setup funky or wrong. The product manager can't even get through. Even with firewall access.
phjanak

Re: Clean install of Win10 cannot access IKM website

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:12 pm

The servers are set up normally and working, you can typically check if a site is having a problem or if there's something on your side (or between you and the server) with tools like this: https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ikmultimedia.com

You might want to see if there are any odd settings in your HOSTS file or similar.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Clean install of Win10 cannot access IKM website

Postby phjanak » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:55 pm

With a 100% fresh install of WI xiws. There woukd be nothung funky going on with the HIST file. Never has anything in it anyway except explanation of its use and an Example. Anyway, discovered WIndows 10 build 1511 has no access to you tge retail site. It I couldn't gain access until I manually installed Windows 10 update 21H2. I'm good now.
phjanak

Return to General Discussions