Using a foot switch usb or midi - help

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Using a foot switch usb or midi - help

Postby Salco84 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:36 pm

I have a QIONGHA M-VAVE Chocolate BT Wireless 4 Buttons Portable MIDI Foot Controller Pedal, I'm trying to get it working with Amplitube so I can bypass the stomp effects pedal, but when i press the button amplitube changes between different rig presets.

I have it connected via a 6.35mm jack into the 2 external switch plug in the back of my AXE I/0 Solo.
I got an expression pedal working in this manner via the 1st external plug, but the foot switch is being tricky.

Is there a way of setting up an external button foot switch to act like i'm stepping on the pedals?

Thanks
Salco84

Re: Using a foot switch usb or midi - help

Postby Salco84 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:18 pm

Got it working. In case anyone asks the same question. Download the CubeSuite from http://www.cuvave.com/xznr. Once opened set Custom mode -

Works like i wanted, can now assigned the 4 buttons on the M Vave Chocolate to the bypass button on the stomp effects, and other controllers

KR
Andy W - Salco84
Salco84

Postby Salco84 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:26 pm

Forgot to mention, might need this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0B ... UTF8&psc=1

i plugged it into the back of the AXE I/O
Salco84

Postby Letranger4 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:04 am

Did you need to have the midi dongle accessory to make this work with Amplitube?
Letranger4

Postby Salco84 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:48 pm

Letranger4 wrote:Did you need to have the midi dongle accessory to make this work with Amplitube?

Yes I think it does need the wireless extension,,,,but not fully 100% completely sure you don't.
Once I got it working I just left it as is. I haven't done testing as just happy it's working and don't want more bother. Plus the m-vave midi unit isn't toooo expensive, £17 on ebay.

I have the m-vave midi extendor connected to the midi port at the back of the Axe I/O Solo. Then a long usb cable connected from the midi unit into my pc. I have the chocolate 4 button unit connected to my pc but i have noticed it can be used unconnected to the pc, just using midi. Also i'm using a powered usb extendor, so the connection isn't direct to the pc.
It's instant and works great, can turn stomp units in Ampliy on and off like rl, also works with a expression pedal connected into the other plug on the AXE. So can do wah and stomps normally.

Get the Foot controller software and set up like i did in the screenshot. I didn't try every setting and option, just went for the one that seemed correct (scotty moment). Once i got it working i left as is, and appears it doesn't need to be open for the foot controller unit too work. Seems like once it set up, it's plug the guitar in, turn on the chocolate 4 button, open ampy and jam jam. Just remember to turn the latch's on the select unit to make them lock.
I have noticed sometime in that window the effects get duplicated, no idea why, but it doesn't seem to effect the program.

Good luck to you if your thinking of trying it out, i hope it's works. So nice to find a cheap work around that works. If you get it working let us know :D

Salco84

Return to General Discussions