Noise and Hum Reduction

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Noise and Hum Reduction

Postby istergulc@cogeco.ca » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:48 pm

I just purchased Amplitube 5 Max. I very happy with it but I’m finding there is a lot of hum and noise especially when using high gain presets in the stand alone version. Is there any way of reducing it? Appreciate any feedback.
Thank you.
istergulc@cogeco.ca

Re: Noise and Hum Reduction

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:55 pm

Like one would do when using a real high gain amp, you'll want to use a noise gate. I prefer the Dime Gate from the Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection but there are other noise gates available.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby istergulc@cogeco.ca » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:22 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Like one would do when using a real high gain amp, you'll want to use a noise gate. I prefer the Dime Gate from the Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection but there are other noise gates available.

Thanks…that works great!
istergulc@cogeco.ca

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:48 pm

Glad the advice helped!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to General Discussions