Dumb drummer looking for some help!

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Dumb drummer looking for some help!

Postby polyontology » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:37 pm

Hello,

Wondering if maybe someone here can help me with my wacky misuse of AmpliTube/iRig. First, i am not a guitarist and don’t know anything about guitar effects etc. I’m a drummer/percussionist and have been using AmpliTube/irig to add effects to my berimbau for a bunch of years now. I have a pickup that i put on my berimbau, and somehow managed to create some effects on AmpliTube that i thought sounded pretty dang awesome, occasionally there’d be some feedback but it wasn’t too bad. I had some issues with my iPod a few months ago and had to reset the whole thing, and unfortunately lost all of my preset effects. I tried to recreate them, but with no luck. I couldn’t get the same sound and I also ran into way more feedback. I got an irig2 HD thinking that the sound quality would be better with less feedback, but if anything the feedback was worse. Also, my original irig seemed to stop working for some reason, so i bought a new irig1, and neither of them seem to work with AmpliTube anymore. I can tell the connection still works because anything else i play through my iPod comes through the speakers, just nothing on AmpliTube.

So, anyone have any suggestions as to what i can possibly do to get some amplitube effects working with my berimbau in a way that doesn’t cause a bunch of feedback? I realize this probably all sounds extremely vague, and I’m not using the app or irig for what they’re actually meant for, but man, i was having so much fun with the trippy berimbau effects.
polyontology

Return to General Discussions