Sending sound from one iPAD to other using IRIG PRO & Stream

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Sending sound from one iPAD to other using IRIG PRO & Stream

Postby piyush.sharma79 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:21 pm

Hi - Happy New Year everyone.

I like singing on this karaoke app called "Smule" and have my iRIG PRO I/O connected to my iPAD wherein I have the XLR mic and 3.5mm studio headphones connected to the IRIG PRO. The IRIG is connected with the iPAD via USB and I have the Lightning to USB adapter from apple that ensures that my vocals feed in via IRIG PRO into the Smule app and then the instant feedback of the overall mix (my vocal and karaoke music along with Smule's audio filters) is heard back from iPAD into my studio headphones via the IRIG PRO. This setup has been working all well for past couple of years and all is well on that front.

For past few months, I have been thinking about how do I continue to sing on Smule app with its wonderful audio filters but somehow send the overall mixed sound from the 3.5mm headphone output in IRIG pro to my other iPAD where I can have facebook live or instagram live or youtube live open with my camera on and I sing live for my fans. So basically, my XLR mic and studio headphone is still connected to IRIG PRO on IPAD Number1 where I am singing in Smule app but somehow if I can send that same overall mixed sound from IRIG PRO headphone output (maybe by using a splitter - one connected to my headphone and other carrying the sound to my 2nd IPAD)

While I was struggling with that problem - I saw the 2 new interfaces from IRIG called IRIG Stream and IRIG Stream Pro and how we can get the sound in via RCA cables. So here is my question - if I can somehow use a headphone splitter on my IRIG PRO (connected to IPAD no.1 where I am singing on Smule app) and have one of the female slots connected to my studio headphones to have the live real time feedback while the other female slot can be connected to the 3.5mm jack of the RCA cable. The other end of the RCA cable i.e. the red and white male RCA connectors can be connected to maybe IRIG Stream or IRIG Stream PRO (this interface is connected to my 2nd IPAD with Facebook or Youtube or Instagram Live). Do you think this setup will work where my overall mixed sound from my 1st IPAD goes via my IRIG PRO I/O to the IRIG Stream (or Stream PRO) connected to my 2nd iPAD - thereby connecting 2 iPADs where 1st one is for singing in Smule app and the processed sound goes to 2nd iPAD (where the camera will be on) for live streaming.

Theoretically - I have a feeling it may work but I havent purchased a IRIG Stream or IRIG Stream PRO and therefore wanted to share my query here in this forum if this theory would actually work and then I can order the other interface. Also - for this problem statement that I have shared above - do you think IRIG Stream will solve the problem or would I need IRIG Stream PRO (latter being £100 more expensive)

Thank you all for your help and support in advance.
piyush.sharma79

Return to General Discussions