ARC 3 No input level from Mems mic

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

ARC 3 No input level from Mems mic

Postby hoenerbr » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:26 am

Hi all, I am having trouble getting any input level to ARC 3
I am on Big Sur
UA Apollo Quad Silver
I get level from the Mic into console but nothing in ARC 3
I also tried it on the same Machine with my AXE I/O Solo and nothing

Oddly enough I have a portable rig with a Macbook Pro running an Apollo Twin on Catalina and it works fine! Is this a Big Sur issue?

Thanks
hoenerbr

Re: ARC 3 No input level from Mems mic

Postby hoenerbr » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:42 am

Well as a workaround I used my portable rig to create the analysis file for my monitors then moved it to my Mac Pro! Works well, but I should be able to do the whole process from the Mac Pro
Anyway, maybe I posted this in the wrong area? Could someone point me in the right direction for support?

Thanks again
hoenerbr

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:20 pm

Hi, since this is a user-to-user forum and other users didn't end up chiming in with experiences/suggestions/etc you can always get direct and official support from IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

There, you would search the FAQ and if you didn't find a proper solution there you'll see a button/link to open a ticket.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hoenerbr » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:45 am

Thanks Peter, as it turns out if you are using Mac 10.15 or above you have to let ARC 3 have access to the Microphone through System Prefrerences Security/Privacy Microphone

The install should ask if you want to let ARC3 have access. Maybe it did and I blew past it! Whatever, I am just glad its working! Hopefully this might help others!
Thanks again for the link!
hoenerbr

Return to General Discussions