How do I reinstall from local dmg

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

How do I reinstall from local dmg

Postby custa1200 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:11 am

I have a number of DMG's that I downloaded when I first registered some products that I want to install again, but every installer I try to run it instantly crashes on my system. Running MacOS 11.5.2 currently.

Products are:
  • Synthwave
  • OXa
  • Memory-V
  • and even Bully which I only registered today.

None of the installers run as standalone from the DMG's
custa1200

Re: How do I reinstall from local dmg

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:43 pm

Well, they should run. After all, all the IKPM does is download a file, extract it and run the installer (the .dmg file). Maybe some sort of file permissions problem?

You haven't given any details of the crashes (maybe there are none) but the best thing to do is contact Technical Support, with any details that you have, for some one to one help.

And, when the problems have been resolved please let us know how you resolved them. That may well help other users.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: How do I reinstall from local dmg

Postby custa1200 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:52 am

The installer crashes, o don’t know what else to say I double click it presents a crash dialog.

I ended up just mounting the DMG and then copied the contents from each folder in the install resources across to the appropriate place with the Sampletank 3 folders.
custa1200

Return to General Discussions