Noise

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Noise

Postby sbaker8688 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:25 am

I am using Axe I/O Solo, and Amplitube 5. I am getting subtle noise while playing / recording guitar. It isn't always present, it just pops in sporadically while playing notes (doesn't seem to pop up when not playing). It isn't easy to hear, it's subtle. It's high-pitched, in what I will call the 'fizz zone' if that helps. It's sort of a transient high-pitched 'buzz,' reminiscent of a fret buzz (except higher-pitched), but my frets aren't buzzing.

It isn't clipping (or if it is, it isn't being shown visibly), neither at the audio interface where you can see the levels, nor at the software inputs or outputs, nor at the sound card inputs/outputs.

It isn't an issue with the buffer length. I can provoke that kind of noise by setting the buffer too low, and it's a different noise. But in either case, I've eliminated that possibility by just setting the buffer as high as possible.

Here's a 1 second (or thereabouts) clip. The noise is discernible starting about midway in. Listen for a 'rattle' or 'buzz' sort of like static. It's not loud, it's superimposed on top of the chord being played.

https://sndup.net/6f49

Has anyone heard anything like this, and if so, do you know what it is, do you know how to solve the issue?
sbaker8688

Re: Noise

Postby sbaker8688 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:13 pm

Here's what I did to get rid of the issue. First, I went into all my USB devices, and shut off Window's ability to turn off the USBs (put them to sleep). Secondly, I went up to a higher sampling rate. I was at 44, and went up to 96. After I did those things, the issue went away.
sbaker8688

Return to General Discussions