Irig stream not working with android

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Irig stream not working with android

Postby PhilipSaliba88 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:32 am

I just got the irig stream plugged it in my android and all the lights flash for a sec then shut off but when I plug in my girls iPhone it works fine , I need help please
PhilipSaliba88

Re: Irig stream not working with android

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 06, 2021 8:28 pm

Since this is mainly a user-to-user forum and no users have chimed in after a bit of time, I would suggest opening at ticket with IK Support if you have not done so already. You can open a ticket here after searching the FAQ for a common answer: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Butcher_909 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:23 pm

I'm having exactly the same problem on my Google Pixel 4a running the latest Android 13. No power to the iRig Stream whatsoever. It's like the phone won't detect it at all! I tested it on my flatmate's iPhone and it worked perfectly as intended.

Whenever I try to download the iRig Recorder 3 App off the Play Store it tells me it cannot because the app "was made for an older version of Android".

According to the Play Store the app has not been updated since 2019. There is clearly a compatibility issue which is not mentioned in any of the IK marketing... Looking at this thread there were people struggling with this in 2021 and it's still not been fixed.

I'm beginning to feel like I made a mistake purchasing this product. After two years why is there is absolutely zero information to warn people of this?
Butcher_909

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:35 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Since this is mainly a user-to-user forum and no users have chimed in after a bit of time, I would suggest opening at ticket with IK Support if you have not done so already. You can open a ticket here after searching the FAQ for a common answer: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Klmclem » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:26 pm

Hello!
I just switched myself from androïd 10, 11,12, to androïd 13 now...
no physical jack inputs anymore:
So no more workarounds (suggested here) even possible.

I opened tickets. I asked on multiple places

On my friends' IPHONEs: it s flawless

If no one's wants / can answer here, or on multiple asking on tickets? What can be our next move?

Please.
Klmclem

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:53 pm

If you are having issues with a support ticket, please see the guidelines here on how to report that (but basically supplying ticket numbers so your issue can be brought to the attention of our Support Manager is the process) viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Klmclem » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:32 pm

Thanks!
So i can write a new thread with my ticket number?
Or down there? (Sorry, i'm not english native, and there s a lot to read and understand properly for me :) )
Klmclem

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:14 pm

Klmclem wrote:Thanks!
So i can write a new thread with my ticket number?
Or down there? (Sorry, i'm not english native, and there s a lot to read and understand properly for me :) )

You can just write it here or PM it to me if you wish.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Klmclem » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:21 am

Sorry for latency!
Here's my ticket number: #9010055
To resume, i could only record in double mono, not stereo, and was obliged to plug/unplug a headset, to enable the Irig inputs.
Now , with these new phones without headset /jack inputs: the workaround doesn't work anymore, so the product is unusable.
I heard androïd devices doesnt support these kind of gear since 2019 / until androïd 9 (which matches with the latest irig recorder3 app update on the play store )
And i'm stuck.
No videos/articles/ etc... available, showing a current and up to date androïd user makung it work.
What could be a win-win solution for both us, androïd users, and IK ?
THANKS!
Klmclem

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:38 pm

Thank you, I've relayed your information and ticket number to our Support Manager.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Klmclem » Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:53 pm

Thank you!
Klmclem

Postby Klmclem » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:07 pm

Can I post update for androïd users?
Klmclem

Postby Klmclem » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:37 am

Update on IK's website:
"Compatible with Android devices running Android 5 or later and with USB digital audio capabilities."

I think the "usb audio capabilities" was added recently.
Can we hope for a fix, since a lot of new androïds don t have jack inputs any more, and are digital audio capable?
Pleaaaase
Klmclem

Postby Klmclem » Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:10 am

I managed to make it work!!!!
Androïd 13
The trick: simply DON'T use the app, and use your native camera app!!! ...still testing the stereo, but fine for now!!
Klmclem

Return to General Discussions