Playing "my last breath" by Evanescence

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Playing "my last breath" by Evanescence

Postby chicagobears316 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:20 am

Hello, in the past, I used to know how to play "my last breath" by Evanescence on guitar, and am relearning it.

I have had the pro-keys and sampletank for years, but had issues running sampletank until recently so I never used either. Playing around learning the keyboard now and wondering what the other main instrument in the song is and what would be some close approximations in sampletank4. (I have MP2, and the free hitmaker synthwave and syntronik CS, as well as a few older addons). It was easy to learn the notes, I just can't find the sound and there are so many options I don't know where to start. Thanks

also, as a side question, I noted some of the T-racks options are available in AT5 now, is there any similar way to use them live in sample tank, or to use the non built in ones live in AT5?
chicagobears316

Re: Playing "my last breath" by Evanescence

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:25 pm

Do you mean the sequenced part in the beginning? For that album, a lot of the focus was apparently on using real instruments where possible where all choirs, strings, and pianos you hear are real. I like the string arrangements on this album (I was a dual major, one of them was composition/commercial arranging so this album has interested me since release). You should have plenty of strings to handle those parts with Miroslav Philharmonik 2.

As far as T-RackS effects in AmpliTube, those would be similar to MixBox (as are the built-in effect in SampleTank 4) and while you cannot use the other T-RackS processors directly in SampleTank or AmpliTube 5, you can definitely use them as insert effects if you have T-RackS.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to General Discussions