How to use upgrade page?

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

How to use upgrade page?

Postby tommartini604 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:00 pm

So I'm a little confused on what to do once you identify an upgrade that you are eligible for. You put the product you want to upgrade to, it gives you a whole page of codes in red and products you can upgrade from.......So what do you do with the codes and all the products it shows is hardly any that I own. For instance it shows products I do not own and all the choices have a code listed in red?

So if I already own almost all the products say in Amplitube 5 Max ...and want to upgrade to Max to get the ones I do not have yet, (I have Amplitube 5 but not Max already) I own all but Leslie, Brian May and few select pieces contained within Max then I go to the order page put Amplitube 5 in my cart. It says $299 now, so what's the codes used for in the upgrade page? I tried to use the Max 5 code in the promotions box, the points box and that's the only place to put a code.

I just do not understand the point of an upgrade page if it can't figure out the amount automatically....can someone shine some light on this whole process please? Thanks.
tommartini604

Re: How to use upgrade page?

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:20 pm

I believe there's an old page that was for internal use floating around. Users should use the Crossgrade/Upgrade section of their IK User Area which is here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/eligibility/

That will tell you exactly what you qualify for and the price.

Please note that your a la carte collections purchased since AmplITube 4 MAX was released don't qualify for an additional custom discount (but you can use the JamPoints earned from those purchases to take off an additional up to 30%, of course). If you have almost everything in AmplITube 5 MAX, you could upgrade to AmpliTube 5 and all of your collections will work in it. It may be more suitable for you to purchase AmpliTube 5 and if you want the stray collection or two you need separately.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tommartini604 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:41 pm

Peter_IK wrote:I believe there's an old page that was for internal use floating around. Users should use the Crossgrade/Upgrade section of their IK User Area which is here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/eligibility/

That will tell you exactly what you qualify for and the price.

Please note that your a la carte collections purchased since AmplITube 4 MAX was released don't qualify for an additional custom discount (but you can use the JamPoints earned from those purchases to take off an additional up to 30%, of course). If you have almost everything in AmplITube 5 MAX, you could upgrade to AmpliTube 5 and all of your collections will work in it. It may be more suitable for you to purchase AmpliTube 5 and if you want the stray collection or two you need separately.

Peter,

Thanks for you reply but.....
I already have Amplitube 5 but NOT Amplitube 5 Max. I did go to the Upgrade page. It's the only one on your site. It does not say the price anywhere. It has a bunch of boxes with products, red codes and that's it. If this is an old page then it comes up when to select Crossgrade/Upgrade under my acct icon in the upper right hand corner.

This is where it takes me to(yes I'm logged in): https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/eligibility/

This is weird because this morning it took me to a page that had boxes and a bunch of red codes in each box....but now it takes me to a page with products and no codes....strange.
Last edited by tommartini604 on Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tommartini604

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:42 pm

Either you don't qualify for things or there's a bug as the Eligibility page linked shows a list of what you qualify for, the price, and a Buy Now button for each. If that's not happening for you, you would need to contact IK Support to figure out what's happening in your case.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tommartini604 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:50 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Either you don't qualify for things or there's a bug as the Eligibility page linked shows a list of what you qualify for, the price, and a Buy Now button for each. If that's not happening for you, you would need to contact IK Support to figure out what's happening in your case.

Strange because now I can't find that page.....maybe I just found a site bug or something this morning. I'm trying to recreate it to send to your support team. Thanks
tommartini604

Return to General Discussions