IK Product Manager, deleting downloaded content.

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

IK Product Manager, deleting downloaded content.

Postby lurkalot » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:10 am

Just a general question regarding the IK Product Manager, hope someone can put me straight on it, I did search but couldn't find this in the documentation.

Is it safe to delete the downloaded files from the downloads folder once the program's are installed. Just the zips are massive every time you update AmpliTube for example you have a new 2+gb zip sitting in the downloads folder eating up hard drive space. I already have 4.64 GB sitting in that folder doing nothing atm.

If deleted will I be able to download them again if needed? Same goes for any of the free presets I've downloaded, or do I need to keep those safe somewhere for later use?
lurkalot

Re: IK Product Manager, deleting downloaded content.

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:32 pm

Yes, you can delete them.
Yes, you will be able to download them again.

But, please note that the big Sounds Library downloads (for SampleTank etc) are available for download for 180 days after Registration of the product. So you should keep a back-up copy of those somewhere (or back up the installed sounds library itself).Or, if you then need them again, you'll need to get a Download Reactivation.

Here. as well as backing up those libraries i keep a back-up ciyp of the other downloads too.

So my IKPM "Downloads" folder is generally empty. :)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: IK Product Manager, deleting downloaded content.

Postby lurkalot » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:57 pm

Thanks DarkStar, that was exactly the answer I was looking for. ;)
lurkalot

Return to General Discussions