Support form says my message has "invalid characters"

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Support form says my message has "invalid characters"

Postby XilburQost » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:42 pm

I have a question regarding the new Product Manager. I tried to submit my question to IK Multimedia support, but their online form won't accept my request because it keeps saying that my message has "invalid characters," but doesn't say what those characters are. In lieu of a support request, here's my question:

The Product Manager says that SampleTank 4 CS has been "installed," however if I click on the Product Manager's "Software" tab it opens "...\Documents\IK Multimedia\IK Product Manager\SampleTank 4 CS" with two zip files in the folder: "SampleTank_4_CS_Sound_Content.zip" and "SampleTank_Editor_4_0_1.zip." Do I need to do anything with those zip files? Thanks.
XilburQost

Re: Support form says my message has "invalid characters"

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:55 pm

Not sure, but typically slashes and quotes can wreak havoc on database entries/queries. You don't really need to specify the path in your request so I'll bet without that (and it looks like the default path IIRC) your request would go right through.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Support form says my message has "invalid characters"

Postby XilburQost » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:00 pm

Thank you Peter_IK. Much appreciated!
XilburQost

Return to General Discussions