IK Product Manager unsigned

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

IK Product Manager unsigned

Postby Blues7baboon » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:35 pm

I just bought Amplitube 5 SE and so I proceeded to install IK Product Manager to use my product. The problem is that the Product Manager executable has no digital signature so Windows says it may put my pc in danger. My question is: did I downloaded some malware? or is it all ok and I can install it?.
Blues7baboon

Re: IK Product Manager unsigned

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:11 am

You can install it. I mentioned this to our product managers and developers and they stated that Microsoft has a long processing time right now but we are in the process of fixing this for AmpliTube 5.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:09 pm

It is the IKPM that does not have a valid digital signature. Norton Security issues a Firewall alert.

I think that the same happened with the previous version of iKPM and I let Support know back then.

-------------------
While we are on tihs topic - can anyone explain how digital certificates work? How are they checked?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby darylquevada » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:46 pm

I'm also interested in the progress of this issue. At least have some hash value for users to compare it's validity. I can't use amplitube because of this in my PC.
darylquevada

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:05 pm

Sorry to hear you can't use AmpliTube. If you use IK Product Manager that is the correct and valid version.

The developers are working on this, they are aware,
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby darylquevada » Tue May 10, 2022 10:32 am

How's the issue going? I'd just tried to install the latest IK Product Manager and it's still unsigned. Still no hash data for validation at the very least.
darylquevada

Return to General Discussions