Being kicked out (having to re-log in) and phantom emails.

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Being kicked out (having to re-log in) and phantom emails.

Postby livesforrap » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:36 pm

I'll try to be descriptive.

I'm getting kicked off being logged in A LOT and there doesn't seem to be a way to have it keep you logged in.

Also, I'm getting phantom emails saying there is a reply when there is none. Alternatively, there are often replies W/O getting a notification.

Seems weird to me so wanted to check in and see if anyone else gets any of this.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Re: Being kicked out (having to re-log in) and phantom email

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:35 am

Moved to General Discussions.

Sessions are not infinite, they do time out. I believe it is after 20 minutes of inactivity. You would just need to log in on the top of the page when this happens.

Any emails you get are likely when there is a spam reply to a topic. Being a well-indexed web site, the IK site and forum do get spam and other related nefarious attempts on the regular. Mods here are usually very quick to clean up anything that was not taken care of automatically.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby livesforrap » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:03 am

Ok, thanks.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby DarkStar » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:43 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Sessions are not infinite, they do time out. I believe it is after 20 minutes of inactivity.

Maybe that would explain why I get logged out when typing a long reply. ;)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby livesforrap » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:57 pm

Most logins have an option to "remember me" or something else.
livesforrap

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:14 pm

The sysadmins have decided that an infinite session is not properly secure, and since your login is the same as your IK account it needs to be as secure as possible.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to General Discussions