newbie alert

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

newbie alert

Postby 1welshwez » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:08 pm

hi all,, i did search all questions first,, and i know you have prob answered this a million times ...but... how do i even get on the correct screen that allows me to start recording my guitar and adding amps etc ... complete newbie looked on you tube but they all alredy have the amp onscreen
thanks in advance
1welshwez

Re: newbie alert

Postby 1welshwez » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:40 pm

ok ,,so i have downloaded the ik manager the sounds software re installed it all 20 times , restarted laptop .. i just cannot find a drop down that asks me if i want to open the amp interface.... looked at numerous you tube vids,,, when i try to install amplitube it just keeps installing ik manager ......helppppppp ,,,pleaseee
1welshwez

Re: newbie alert

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:58 pm

The IKPM (the IK Product Manager) is the software used to download, install, register and authorize the current IK products. It is not an interface to running those products.

Most of the products in your My Products area point you to the IKPM download. Download and install the IKPM, then run that and log in to your iK User Account. Now you can select which product (e.g. AmpliTube) that you want to install.

But - read the IKPM User Manual first (click the [?] in the IKPM) and these tips:
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26365

Once you have installed and authorized the selected product you should beable to run the standalone program or load it as a plug-in into a DAW.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to General Discussions