Pulled the Axe I/O Trigger 3 Weeks Early...

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Pulled the Axe I/O Trigger 3 Weeks Early...

Postby SykNasty » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:25 am

General question for the folks here, wondering if anyone's had a similar experience:

I pulled the trigger on an Axe I/O to use with some other plugins and software that I've been playing with for a while, and absolutely love it. It's a beast of an interface and sounds great reamping to my "loud" rigs. HUGE upgrade over a UMC404 lol. AT4's pretty sweet as well.

The issue here being - I made my purchase on 10/9/20, 20 days before Amplitube 5 was finally announced. I'm about to make the jump to AT5 Max, but I'm kicking myself every which way 'til Sunday for realizing I wouldn't be about to drop an extra $200 on AT5 Max if I had waiting just a few weeks for the announcement and associated bundles..
I've read a few sentiments expressed on similar topics, and obviously this is the nature of "deals" and sales - just wondering if anyone else has had any thoughts or experiences along these lines.

The pain:
Axe I/O + AT4 Deluxe = Purchased for $299
Now:
Axe I/O + AT5 Max = Available for $399
AT5 Max "Upgrade" = Available for $299

I'm thinking I probably just got "wrekt", huh? No worries...

(Amazon return window is through 1/31/21, but that's just way too much effort for something that won't be world ending, and it's shown its worth already...)

Anyways, just venting to the void - cheers fellas.

-SyK
SykNasty

Re: Pulled the Axe I/O Trigger 3 Weeks Early...

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:37 pm

Well, you asked for thoughts, so here goes.

1 Most importantly, following the logic, I would never buy anything ad there may be a better deal just around the corner.
    2 And of course, that would apply to any purchase decision you make now.
    3 it was a good deal at the time.
    4 If you do not want those 7 (?) newer Gear Collections or new gear models, then AT5 SE would be the one for you (you get the new features, but no new gear models).
    5 If you do want them, then AT5 MAX gives you the 29 new gear models and the 7 newer Collections
    6 You can use your JamPoints to reduce the price
    7 I just have to quote this back "it's shown its worth already"
    8 I have had similar circumstances.

Why not just contact Sales/Account Support, explain your situation as see if there is anything they can do. Absolutely no promises, though; I do not work for, nor represent IK Multimedia.

Before you do check out the Comparison chart and PDF on the AT5 web page to sort out which is best for you.

Meanwhile, go play that geetar! ;)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to General Discussions