I Don’t Want To Break Any Rules... please help?

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

I Don’t Want To Break Any Rules... please help?

Postby LOveWerks@tutanota.com » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:51 am

I’m an older musician who performed multiple instruments on stage live and in the studio, but now I have a iRig Pro Duo I/O, an iPhone, a keyboard controller, five IK apps, and I just want to play and hear keyboard sounds in sequencer form, track by track, even with drums “played” in real time in a MIDI Channel 10 keyboard layout. Can’t seem to get things started; got the 9 V adapter, with batteries... haylp. Haayllppp! (late 1960s Saturday morning USA cartoon character on the cartoon show Wacky Racers, her name is Penelope P........)
Thanks for reading.
LOveWerks@tutanota.com

Re: I Don’t Want To Break Any Rules... please help?

Postby garfy » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:39 am

Hello there and welcome to the forum.

As a suggestion, you should change your username to something other than your email address, otherwise it might be ripe for harvest and you'll find yourself receiving emails about credit cards etc.

As a second suggestion, if you're looking for a sequencer style of music making and you have a relatively new iPhone you could have a look at GarageBand which should allow you to do what you want.

LOveWerks@tutanota.com wrote:Can’t seem to get things started;

Can you give us some more detail as to what you've done so far that hasn't worked?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to General Discussions