Reinstall

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Reinstall

Postby GlynShut » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:17 pm

Hi,

I sent this question to support but all I got back was a copy and pasted response that seemed to have no relevance to what I was asking.

I want to delete everything, as in SampleTank 4, Syntronik, Miroslav etc. and reinstall the whole lot on my computer. My first attempt was a mess, with files everywhere, and I want to do it again properly.

The sounds part seems easy enough, there's a reinstall button for that, but for the software there's only an unauthorize button. Will I need to unauthorised the software to download it again. This seems to be typically for when you're moving to another computer, but I want to know if I can do it for the same computer.

Thanks

I'm not a tech guy, so this is probably a dumb question, but I haven't found this software to be user friendly for someone who doesn't have an IT degree.
GlynShut

Re: Reinstall

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:24 pm

Please reply to the email from Support, asking for precise details and a step by step guide to removing the files. Advice from users here could just confuse things.

I do not think that you will be to unauthorize / re-authorize the software when reinstalling onto the same computer.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Reinstall

Postby garfy » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:04 am

I agree with DarkStar, reply to Support as you're now in the system.

However, you don't say what OS/platform you're using, but I had to de-authorise and then uninstall an IK app the other day before the the Product Manager allowed me to re-install it.

The cleanest way to uninstall the apps themselves is to use the uninstaller found in each product download via your User Area, so this should be the direction that Official Support tells you to go.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to General Discussions