Track Select for Korg Nano? [Resolved]

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Track Select for Korg Nano? [Resolved]

Postby digityp » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:14 pm

Hi,

Everthing works fine with my Korg Nanokontrol Studio and Sample Tank. I can assign nearly everthing by using Korg Nanokontrol Editor and "Midi Learn" Option by Sampletank. But i can not assigne the "Select" Button of the Korg to do a track selection. If this is possible, this would be great. If i would know the right CC# (or Note Number?) i will be the luckiest man on earth. I can,t figuere out how to assigne it with "Midi Learn" option either.
digityp

Re: Great "Midi learn" option for Korg Nano but no Track Sel

Postby DarkStar » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:01 pm

Sorry, but I am a bit lost. Could you explain what you mean by "track selection".

If you are referring to the 16 instrument slots in ST4, then generally, each one has its own MIDI channel. So, all you need to do is change the MIDI channel used by the Nanocontrol (if that is possible).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Great "Midi learn" option for Korg Nano but no Track Sel

Postby digityp » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:54 am

Yeah, you are right. I can use the "scene" function of the nano to activate all tracks wich have got Midi Channel 2 for example. And so on.

Using the Midi Channel for track selection is the right way of Course.
digityp

Re: Track Select for Korg Nano? [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:49 pm

Good oh, :)

--------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to General Discussions