korg nanokontrol studio as Sampletank controler? [Resolved]

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

korg nanokontrol studio as Sampletank controler? [Resolved]

Postby digityp » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:18 pm

HI,

I am a newbie in midi. i bought korg nanokrontol studio to controle the mixer of Sampletank. i can assigne every midi cc# to any fader or knob on my korg nano . but i cant figuere out the controller numbers which are used for each knob and fader in the sampletank software (for example in my bx3 hammond daw there is an overview for each controler knob and drawbar) . i use windows 10 and sampletank4 CS...the free version. the korg nanokontrol studio is assigned as midi-input.
its connected but i need a overview about all cc# numbers of sample tank to configure abd assigne my knobs of the nano to the right fader and knobs in sampletank.

or do i think wrong?
digityp

Re: korg nanokontrol studio as Sampletank controler?

Postby digityp » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:27 pm

Ok. I found the "matrix" in the sound-modification sceen to configure the Sound Modulations to the right cc#. Thats cool, but can i also assigne my korg nano fader, mute knob, solo knob and so on of the mixer screen of sampletank?
digityp

Postby DarkStar » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:31 pm

Hello digityp and welcome to the forum.

In SampleTank 4 ("ST4") instruments, generally 8 MIDI CC numbers (12 to 19)are automatically mapped to the 8 Macro controls for that instrument; You can see the current assignments by clicking the 5-pin DIN MIDI icon in the lower right corner.

You can assign ("MIDI Learn") a CC controller to a knob, by right-clicking it, selecting "MIDI Learn" and twiddling your hardware knob/slider.

Have a look at pages 22-23 in the ST4 User Manual.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby digityp » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:44 pm

Thanks so much for your great and fast reply!! I wil have a try and come back here with an update.
digityp

Postby digityp » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:16 pm

Ok, this is great. I use a sufacebook just with my finger. Now i use a mouse and discover the other features of sampletank. Midi learning works great!! Sampletank rules!!
digityp

Re: korg nanokontrol studio as Sampletank controler? [Resolv

Postby DarkStar » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:06 pm

Good oh :)

-------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to General Discussions