Need help - Product Manager, Java Crash - Mac

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Need help - Product Manager, Java Crash - Mac

Postby DeanPk » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:18 pm

Need help - Product Manager, Java Crash - Mac.

Just got latest update of Product Manager - works fine on my MacBook Pro OS High Sierra laptop, but cannot get it to work on my Mac Mini - same OSX.

Getting a Java crash error when Product Manager tries to start on Mac Mini...

Used the Uninstaller to uninstall, installed again, same error. Restarted Mac couple times.

Any ideas?

Sorry I posted here - but cannot find the email tech support link and phone support refers back to Support...
DeanPk

Re: Need help - Product Manager, Java Crash - Mac

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:37 pm

This is something that IK Support definitely will have to look into. I just checked and the support form is working. You can find it in the menu at the top of the web site or go to http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Note that the page will instruct you to search the FAQ (which usually does resolve many questions) and then once you have done so you'll see a link to open a support ticket there. This should also be explained in the bar at the top of the FAQ search results.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DeanPk » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:45 pm

Thanks I followed your help and finally did get to the email submission link.
DeanPk

Postby DeanPk » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:15 pm

I created the support ticket - great. When I did that it advised me I can attach a PIC to the created ticket - but now I have a support ticket #8955091 but cannot find it online... to add the PIC..? Sorry can you help again and help me find the ticket in my online area? Or will it not show up until IK start work on it..?

Little annoying, I have bought MAX package and cannot operate it on my system... have it running on my laptop so can still mix sort of, but have to get it working on my main system.

Thanks again!
DeanPk

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:04 pm

DeanPk wrote:I created the support ticket - great. When I did that it advised me I can attach a PIC to the created ticket - but now I have a support ticket #8955091 but cannot find it online... to add the PIC..? Sorry can you help again and help me find the ticket in my online area? Or will it not show up until IK start work on it..?

Little annoying, I have bought MAX package and cannot operate it on my system... have it running on my laptop so can still mix sort of, but have to get it working on my main system.

Thanks again!

You can reply to the email you received about the creation of the ticket and add an attachment.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DeanPk » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:36 pm

Thanks again!
DeanPk

Postby DeanPk » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:34 pm

I now have Product Manager Open - and I am signed in. I had a trial version of T Racks already installed, so Product Manager wants to Update this, I click Update and then the Java error. It won't Update.

But I can authorize and unauthorize, so in that sense Product Manger is working and it did not crash when the Update failed.
DeanPk

Postby Yohjiboit » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:19 pm

I have the same issue. Did you fix it ? the problem ist that the Classic Clipper doesn't work anymore in Logic Pro X. It crashes Logic one I tweak or close the plugin.....
Yohjiboit

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:12 am

Yohjiboit wrote:I have the same issue. Did you fix it ? the problem ist that the Classic Clipper doesn't work anymore in Logic Pro X. It crashes Logic one I tweak or close the plugin.....

I'm sure IK Support can assist you as well. Please open a ticket with IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for direct and official technical assistance. OP - please reply to your ticket if you continue to have issues.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to General Discussions