Re: Account modification issues [Resolved]

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Postby cick005 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:58 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to change my registered email for the forum. This is asking me for the password. After I enter password, it is reported as invalid. However, this is the same password I'm using to log in. So, something wrong there, definitely.
Also, I see no option to change the password.

If I log out and use 'Forgot Password' option, I'm told that my combination of the email and the username is invalid.
:shock:
cick005

Re: Account modification issues

Postby DarkStar » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:43 pm

Please contact Sales Support, via here. You will be able to search the FAQs first, but if they do not resolve your issue, there is a link to a Support form. Sales Support can look at your Account and see what's going on. Response time normally is within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time. Administrators and Moderators here cannot access your Account.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Account modification issues

Postby cick005 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:53 pm

Thanks a lot for the suggestions! That made me realize that the "account" is different between the main site and the forum. And the account is handled on the main site.

Hence I've managed to change the email and the password on the main site and after re-login, these are accepted/displayed on the forum.

The forum still shows the error when entering the password in the "Edit Account Settings" so I guess it would be useful to just redirect the users to the My Account on the main site.

All good now, thanks!
cick005

Postby DarkStar » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:42 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to General Discussions