David Gilmour Tone

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

David Gilmour Tone

Postby AndreVVaz » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:35 pm

Don't if this was posted here, but does someone if a Gilmour like tone is easier to achieve with a Pro Junior or more of a Twin Reverb style amp? I was definitely thinking Fender Collection.
AndreVVaz

Re: David Gilmour Tone

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:08 pm

You could likely pull it off to some extent but the HiWatt emulation in AmpliTube would be more authentic for the amp slot. You should also use the BigPig, Small Phaser, and Electric Flanger pedals which are emulations of pedals he's used. You can experiment with various overdrive pedals too, which can effectively get you toward some of his tones too.

He also has used a Leslie in his sound, so you can try the AmpliTube Leslie gear.

For delays, there are many and you can try various delays like the Echo Man, Tape Echo, SSTE, and others.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: David Gilmour Tone

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:16 pm

For the Fender "equivalent" of the Hiwatt DR103, there are definitely differences in the clean tone and much more headroom on the DR103 but the 59 Bassman can get you close enough for rock and roll. I found this to validate my theory (includes audio examples of a 59 Bassman for Gilmour tone): http://www.kitrae.net/music/David_Gilmo ... akers.html
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to General Discussions