Very low ik multimedia software download speed

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Very low ik multimedia software download speed

Postby alexandr1983 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:37 pm

Hello. Software download speed is very low. Not higher than 50 kb / s. Only on the ik multimedia website. Internet speed 50 mb / s. I wrote to tech support. Did not answer. What should I do? I live in Russia
alexandr1983

Re: Very low ik multimedia software download speed

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:31 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is reply to your email from Support and ask for a progress report. Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

IK Multimedia uses big, fast servers so the problem is unlikely to be there. I believe that there is a way to find out where any delay is occurring, but I do not know the details.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby MAGEMASHER4 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:43 am

:lol: same here
MAGEMASHER4

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:52 am

Same suggestion - contact Support.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:19 pm

You may also want to contact your ISP/provider if you are not familiar with troubleshooting slow connections to certain sites using tools like traceroute, etc. I just tested speeds here (from a non-IK remote location, as well as over VPN to see if that would slow things down as it changes the routing) and they were fast.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby krisindia » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:46 am

Hi Peter, Going thru your explaination of low download speeds. Well even I have tried desparately to download the entire sound content of Total Studio 3.5 and only getting about 40- 150 kb/s althogh i have a tested connection of 100MBPS. That way I may have to spend months to get the entire sound content. Can you guide me in this regard. My other downloads with sites elsewhere work fine. Thanks
krisindia

Postby Hedifromibiza1. » Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:01 pm

Ik have the same problem is there no other way to get the soundcontent mine 167 gb this will takes weeks i guess? any links or suggestions ? can customer support not create a file download thru an other wetransfer or something else that is way faster?? 245/bit s its way better if it would be 5mb/s or something in that range ;) any help would be great its not my internet connection im in the netherlands here is every thing up to date about internet speeds i dont have any other programs open working on my mac mini 2018 so internet speed is just fine.
Hedifromibiza1.

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:34 pm

You should both inquire with your providers and IK Support. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Hedifromibiza1. » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:57 pm

Provider is not the problem here ;)
Hedifromibiza1.

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:02 am

Hedifromibiza1. wrote:Provider is not the problem here ;)

Neither is IK then, going by that same logic judging by the speeds that I and many others are getting that are quite fast :) Point is, there is a problem somewhere for you and some others and others do not have the same problem so... Let's keep it civil here and please go to the right people who are willing to help you - both your provider and IK Support will be able to assist you. The users/admins/moderators here will not.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to General Discussions