Amplitube 4 on PC vs. Amplitube iOS

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Amplitube 4 on PC vs. Amplitube iOS

Postby ddreibelbies0 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:04 pm

As a newbie to amp modeling with Amplitube, I am sort of wondering what has been the experience of many with regard to using Amplitube 4 on PC vs. use of Amplitube apps on iOS. I am principally a hobbyist playing for my own (and my family's) pleasure. So far, I have found the iOS app nice and simple for my use. Is there anything else that I should be considering in this, please? My reason for asking is because I would like to consider adding some amps and don't want to spend twice.
Thanks in advance for chiming in!
ddreibelbies0

Re: Amplitube 4 on PC vs. Amplitube iOS

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:12 pm

I cannot compare the two, but please be aware that the Amplitube 4 on PC vs. AmpliTube apps on iOS are 2 separate product ranges. Gear models cannot be transferred between them so you would need to purchase the gear on both the iOS and PC platforms.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ddreibelbies0 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:53 pm

Thank you very much for the caution. I was aware of that, which is why I made the original post. I am hoping to purchase once in a platform that will be best suited for my needs. Again, thanks so much for your help! Stay safe wherever you are!
ddreibelbies0

Postby beforr » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:19 am

I’m right there with you! I’m currently running AmpliTube IOS, Bias FX 1 and Audiobus on a new iPad 7 with some issues. AmpliTube overall is the most stable, but when I add in Audiobus with an Audio Unit, or especially when I switch between AmpliTube and Bias FX performing live anything can happen! I’ve had some crazy crashes and one time had to do a complete iPad reset.

My question is similar... what seems to be the best, most stable platform to put our money into for live performing? My objective is to have a lightweight device (either iPad or light/capable PC) that can handle app switching (AmpliTube to Bias) and additional apps (Audiobus, AUM) without crashing. I’m pretty addicted to working with the great visual layouts of these apps so a smart footswitch won’t cut it for me.

Would an upgrade to a higher level iPad do the trick (A12 processor) or Microsoft Surface? Would love to hear what people are working with. Thanks! BF
beforr

Postby ddreibelbies0 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:31 pm

Thanks, beforr, for adding to this thread! I am really interested in hearing more from the community regarding this matter, as I, too, would prefer to stay with the iOS version, if possible. Thanks again!
ddreibelbies0

Return to General Discussions