No effects [Resolved]

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

No effects [Resolved]

Postby Strhessed » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:59 pm

I am using Logic Pro X with Axe I/O and Amplitube Max. I have recorded my first guitar track with the amp, pedals, cabinet and mic placement that I want. It sounds amazing.

Now, here's the issue. When I select track 2 to record the second guitar, all I get is the plain guitar. None of the amp, or effects I have chosen do anything. No matter which track I'm recording on, if I don't turn off "audio1", those effects are on the track. I hope this makes sense as I am having a difficult time explaining...I am really hoping someone can help.

Also noticed that if I have the first track playing with all the effects and the 2nd track armed with an entirely different setup (amp, effects...), the 2nd track is using the setup for the 2nd as well as the setup for the 1st track. So the 2nd track is using both amp setups.

WTF?! I'm regretting purchasing this software.

TJ
Strhessed

Re: No effects

Postby garfy » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:02 pm

Hi Strhessed

So, just checking - you have 3 separate channels in Logic and each channel has its own instance of AT4? Is that correct?

It might be useful if you can attach a screenshot of your Logic page so I can see what you've got going on. Details of how to do that can be found on this post: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=432"
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Strhessed » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:53 am

OK, so I recorded 3 tracks and all 3 come out fine, but I still have this issue where if I don't power off the other 2 amps, what I'm playing on the 3rd track is playing through all 3 amps simutaneously. I know it's probably some simple setting that I can't find. I've never posted a screenshot, but I guess you just include the link?? Hopefully...

https://imageshack.com/i/pmrJU662p

Thanks in advance!!
TJ
Strhessed

Postby garfy » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:57 am

Thanks for the screenshot. Sometimes it's much easier to see than describe.

Strhessed wrote:I know it's probably some simple setting that I can't find

Yep. In Logic, all three channels are still receiving signal from Input 1 on the AXE IO and you are still monitoring all those live inputs. After you've recorded on a channel, either change the input to 'No Input' or switch off the software monitoring (the orange 'I') on the channel strip.

The tracks you've recorded on already will playback normally and you'll be left with just the track you're recording to being the live monitored input.

Let us know if that fixes it.
garfy

Postby Strhessed » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:57 am

It worked! Thank you!!
Strhessed

Postby garfy » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:12 am

Great stuff, glad that's all sorted.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
garfy

Return to General Discussions