IK Multimedia user-experience improvements needed direly

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

IK Multimedia user-experience improvements needed direly

Postby harrikokko » Thu May 28, 2020 8:43 pm

Hello,

I must say that I am not at all happy with the approach IK Multimedia takes on installing all possible plugins on my computer when I install updates to e.g. Amplitube or any other plugin. This method is polluting my computer with unnecessary files and makes it more difficult choose the plugins in DAW when there's a huge number of plugins displayed which I don't own. Now I need to delete these unnecessary plugins manually to get rid of them.

The same goes for Amplitube which shows all possible presets with amps/effects/cab one does not have. I have seen this issue raised a number of times but IK Multimedia apparently considers this as a good way to market their products. For me this is doing the reverse. I like Amplitube but I am not using it as often as earlier. Currently the presets are pointless and unusable due way they have been implemented. The presets could serve a purpose, i.e. narrowing down possible sounds if I could choose to view only presets which I can make use of.

IK Multimedia techies, don't let the marketing guys ruin the usability. Stand up for the customers and start requiring implementations which are more user-friendly to use, install and update. Your products are great but the user-experience is not.
harrikokko

Re: IK Multimedia user-experience improvements needed direly

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 28, 2020 9:11 pm

Thank you for your input. Since this is mainly a user-to-user forum (the devs/techs will not likely read this thread) I would suggest adding these requests to the official wish list threads in each proper sub forum so that they do get relayed to the right people.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to General Discussions