Download Speed is very slow

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Download Speed is very slow

Postby djanton73 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:54 pm

Hello

Just purchase Total Studio MAX about 2 weeks ago and it seems that the download speed is very slow. From all the contains of the bundle I have succeed downloading Miroslav, T-Racks and ST3. I haven't succeded yet download their sound library since it was very very slow speed, not to mention that it stopped in the middle of the download process.

Does anyone have a same issue as mine? Is it because the download traffic, since IKM has released a 75% discounted price?
djanton73

Re: Download Speed is very slow

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 19, 2020 10:06 pm

The price has nothing to do with the download speed issue you are having. We use and have always used a professional CDN (Content Delivery Network) to deliver the files you need. I don't see any issue from multiple remote locations right now, please check with your provider to see if you are having an issue with the connection they provide or somewhere in between (which they can help diagnose using tools like a traceroute etc).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby djanton73 » Wed May 20, 2020 9:04 am

I see. But the thing is, I have no issue upload or download contents from other website, such as WeTransfer or Google Drive
djanton73

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 20, 2020 3:58 pm

djanton73 wrote:I see. But the thing is, I have no issue upload or download contents from other website, such as WeTransfer or Google Drive

The path you take to every site is different (different "hops" basically) so there's likely an issue in one of the hops taken between your connection and the IK CDN.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby machinated » Tue May 26, 2020 11:03 am

I seemed to be getting way slower speeds than I was expecting too (I have gigabit internet here). In the future I'd love to see a combined download and authorisation manager somewhat like Toontrack or Spitfire have. The price for Total Studio Max 2 was a no brainer but the installation process is somewhat cumbersome for 2020. I suspect a big update is the driver for the great pricing so hopefully that's something thats addressed for all product lines in the future!
machinated

Postby synthdrum » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:15 am

I have the same issue here in Perth,Australia. This has been going on for a year now and have contacted IK several times for assistance but sadly to no avail.(So much for support)
It is virtually impossible to update any of my IK software of which I have heaps and hence am not buying IK software for this very reason. Eg TRacks software update will quote 15 hours to download but will drop out after a few hours.
It certainly isn't my Internet connection as I make mega downloads with several other music manufacturers.
I really hope IK can get to the root of this and sort out these issues so that we the users can get to use a product we paid for.
BTW there were never any issues at the outset and downloads were a breeze.
synthdrum

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:47 pm

There are very few reports of slow downloads, and we also test the downloads regularly. Please check with your provider (and/or perform a traceroute on your machine) to identify where the problem is between you and the IK servers. We use a premium CDN (Content Delivery Network) that is used by major Fortune 500 companies and as mentioned before we test regularly - I just tested from multiple remote locations with very high speeds.

If your provider does not help, please report your issue to IK Support who may be able to help you diagnose the network issue and will spot check the IK CDN speeds for you too.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to General Discussions