Guitar as a MIDI controller concept

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Guitar as a MIDI controller concept

Postby vac713 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:18 pm

Not sure what category this should fall under so I put it in general discussions

Had this idea that would allow IK to leverage all their products together. Imagine being able to control SampleTank, Syntronik, Modo Bass, Modo Drum, Miloslav, Modo Drum, Hammond etc using a guitar as a controller...

Furthermore having the ability to blend the guitar with the MIDI instrument i.e. Amplitube 4 with Sampletank for example running simultaneously or even thru a DAW like Logic with track one as audio and track 2 as midi

That would be a game changer

There is a guitar that will be shipping in May (unethical to mention them by name) that can do this but it requires the purchase of the guitar.

Must be polyphonic of course. I'd be the first to purchase such a device/interface for sure
vac713

Re: Guitar as a MIDI controller concept

Postby vac713 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:30 pm

Well it happened. Got me a jamstik studio midi guitar controller. Having all kinds of fun
vac713

Re: Guitar as a MIDI controller concept

Postby danmoore » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:13 pm

I do this already with my regular guitar and with Jam Origin Midi Guitar 2. It's not perfect, but it is pretty good at tracking single-note leads. Since it's software, and runs in my DAW as a plug in, I can record directly from my regular guitar to midi if I need to, and right into SampleTank or whatever..
danmoore

Return to General Discussions