Internet Connection or WIFI needed for ST, AT, etc?

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Internet Connection or WIFI needed for ST, AT, etc?

Postby hardsand » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:10 pm

Before I drive to a remote location with my Mac mini computer, monitor, guitars etc. to play and record with ST3 and AT4 etc, do I need an internet or WIFI connection?

Not sure whether there will be internet/WIFI available or not.

Everything works great here at the house so it should work great in the field even without an internet and or WIFI connection, right?

Its a long drive and a lot of coordination to get right!!

Thanks.
hardsand

Re: Internet Connection or WIFI needed for ST, AT, etc?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:22 pm

You can do an offline authorization and you don't need to be connected to the internet to run those products.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hardsand » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:20 pm

I already have all my IKM programs, iRigs up and running, authorized, etc, so off line authorization seems like something I do not need to do---I don't know....

I have Garageband if all else fails LOL
Thanks
hardsand

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:28 pm

If they are already authorized you should be fine. If not, the offline authorization is not very involved. Just in case you ever need it in the future, the FAQ for offline authorization is here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1045
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hardsand » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:59 pm

Thanks so much Peter. I have been out for a few years with a TBI after an auto wreck and I am just now getting back into music playing and recording.

I also have an iPad 2 (9.3.5 'says up to date' '12) with IKM's ST, AT, iLectric Piano, and VocaLive with every in-app purchase there was to get.

Is there any need for me to upgrade to a new iPad pro ($700!) or is my iPad 2 just fine?
What if they crash?

If I were to buy a new iPad, would IKM transfer my IKM iPad apps or would I have to purchase them again?
Thanks
hardsand

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:44 pm

hardsand wrote:Thanks so much Peter. I have been out for a few years with a TBI after an auto wreck and I am just now getting back into music playing and recording.

I also have an iPad 2 (9.3.5 'says up to date' '12) with IKM's ST, AT, iLectric Piano, and VocaLive with every in-app purchase there was to get.

Is there any need for me to upgrade to a new iPad pro ($700!) or is my iPad 2 just fine?
What if they crash?

If I were to buy a new iPad, would IKM transfer my IKM iPad apps or would I have to purchase them again?
Thanks

Sorry to hear you were out of commission! Glad you are getting back into making music.

Your iPad 2 may be a bit underpowered for the latest versions of the IK apps, to be honest. If you were to upgrade, your apps would also be available on your new iPad.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to General Discussions