Play Electric - Headphone Monitoring Questions

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Play Electric - Headphone Monitoring Questions

Postby Allene » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:08 pm

I'm trying (failing) to get a working monitor mix in a live band situation, and am hoping that maybe I'm missing something.

The ideal situation (for me) would be: Independent control of vocal and guitar in headphone mix, control over AUX signal from mixer, and control over Roomsense (used explicitly to help with over-isolation).

Seemingly, none of this is possible without some limitation. Has anyone found workarounds for any of the following:

1) Control over vocal level in headphones (Does this exist? Once I set good mic input levels, the default vocal volume in the phones is simply too loud for me.)

2) Control over guitar level in headphones (Is it correct that the headphone level is linked to overall guitar output level? This could be made to work, but not ideal.)

3) Aux input: when set to "Monitor" disables Roomsense. (bummer - I was pretty excited about this).

Any help is appreciated!
Allene

Re: Play Electric - Headphone Monitoring Questions

Postby garfy » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:26 am

Hello Allene and welcome to the forum.

What piece of IK hardware or software are you using in connection with your questions? I don't recognise the term "Roomsense" although this may be because I don't use the same products as you.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to General Discussions