Adding Saxophone to Miroslav Philharmonik 2

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Adding Saxophone to Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby fritzs » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:10 pm

Hello IK Techs,

Any chance you could add Saxophones to the instrument list in Miroslav Philharmonik 1 & 2 for users? I was trying to put together an eight piece pop brass section based on Arranger Charlie Capello's recording session of Laura Nyro's wonderful recording of "Eli's Coming" for use on one of my own compositions. It was three trumpets, two tenor trombones, one bass trombone and tenor and baritone saxophones.

Fritz S.
fritzs

Re: Adding Saxophone to Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby garfy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:03 pm

Hello fritzs and welcome to the forum.

I think the issue here is that the sax is not strictly an orchestral instrument, although it has been adopted into some forms of 'classical' music.

There are tenor and baritone saxophones included in SampleTank, but you could also add you request to the official Miroslav Wishlist here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19886"

Hope that helps
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Adding Saxophone to Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:28 pm

Right, the saxophone wouldn't have been in the traditional orchestra that Miroslav Virtous recorded. However, we've expanded Miroslav Philharmonik 2 with Orchestral Percussion so I'd definitely follow garfy's suggestion to add this request to the official wishlist.

Also, noting Miroslav's involvement in non-orchestral settings as well as with at least one legendary saxophonist, it could be a fit. And for today's trivia question - who was the saxophonist?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to General Discussions