Clean Channel Still Coming Out Through Distortion???

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Clean Channel Still Coming Out Through Distortion???

Postby Hellbag Darrell » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:13 am

Im new to this plug in stuff, however i do record on this interface and never had this problem.
when im using the distorted channel (im using the dimebag darrell collection) i can still hear the clean channel. i tried to look everywhere to see what can be the problem but im just getting frustrated. i cant seem to find the problem. there are no other amps on.
i have a 2i2 Interface
using a guitar cable straight in.
thats about it.

please if anyone can help that would be great
Hellbag Darrell

Re: Clean Channel Still Coming Out Through Distortion???

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:39 pm

Sounds like you may have direct monitoring enabled on your audio interface. If your interface has software to control it, there may be a setting in there. If not, there may be a physical control on the interface.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Hellbag Darrell » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:07 pm

yep That Was it!! man crazy how something that small can be the issue. thanks for that peter!!
btw i have a different issue. since i got you here hopefully you can help me.
so i have the Dimebag Collection. when i try to export the audio it works but when i playback the exported audio it sounds like the guitar is in Drop D instead of the Standard tuning it is actually in.
it sounds fine when i play it back in Amplitube, but the exported Version sounds slower and in drop D i never had an issue like this before, i try to look online but still couldnt find anything.
no i dont have the full version of Amplitube i only bough the Dime Collection, and it works solo.
im just a bit confused. Hopefully you can help me with this also!
Thanks

exported Info
WAV
16bit
HW Sample Rate 88200
Project Sample Rate 88200

Audio MIDI Setup
ASIO
Imput: Focusrite USB ASIO
Output: same as input
Buffer Size 256
Sample rate 96kHz
Hellbag Darrell

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:20 pm

Happy to have helped!

For the followup, please make sure your sample rates match in AmpliTube and your interface settings. That is likely the cause of this issue.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Hellbag Darrell » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:44 am

thanks for the help again!
i looked at the sample rates and on the audio MIDI Setup it only goes up to 192kHz, and on the project settings it only goes as low as 44100 for the sample rate. Is there something i am missing?
Hellbag Darrell

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:03 am

Hellbag Darrell wrote:thanks for the help again!
i looked at the sample rates and on the audio MIDI Setup it only goes up to 192kHz, and on the project settings it only goes as low as 44100 for the sample rate. Is there something i am missing?

From what you posted above it seems like you had your interface set to 88.2K and AmpliTube set for 96K. They should match. If that's not it I'd recommend consulting IK Support as they can go into deeper technical support directly with you at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby shaytan » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:27 am

I have the AmpliTube 4 max using the Focusrite Scarlett Solo. I have disabled the direct monitoring on the interface as I was told by the Support Staff. I am still getting the clean and distortion sound when I am playing.

Is there anything else I can do to fix this?
shaytan

Postby DarkStar » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:32 pm

As you are already working with Technical Support, reply to them saying that the suggestion did not work and requesting further advice.

One thought- could it be that your DAW is somehow mixing the dry and effected audio?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby halfcack » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:33 pm

I am in doubt about the next line.

This was with iPad only.

I couldn’t figure out why I was getting a distorted signal with effects using other instrument apps.

This has never happened again. I opened GarageBand and checked the mic input on the last song I was working on.

I noticed that the same sound I was getting with other apps was the last track I recorded on GarageBand.

When I went to the fun and studio settings, I set the mc to fun, clean. It worked. I don’t know why. I also am wondering how a closed GarageBand app could affect the in or out of another instrument app.

It never happened again. It was most probably something I will never know for sure.
halfcack

Return to General Discussions