Can my computer handle MP2?

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Can my computer handle MP2?

Postby JohnnyUtah » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:52 am

I checked the specs for MP2 and MP2CE on the website but I wanted to verify if my current specs are enough to handle the full version. and verify before making a purchase and exchange.

I'm running Windows 10, Intel Core i7, I have 8GB of RAM, 267GB of free space on my C drive and 291GB free on my D drive so no issues there.

As for the sound card, I'm not sure if I meet the requirements. My dedicated sound card is Realtek High Definition Audio.

I was having trouble getting the sounds to play for MP2CE, but I'm not sure if that was due issues with file paths or maybe my specs just can't handle the CE version as well?

Here are some screenshots of my specs:

Does it look like my computer can handle the full version?

I would appreciate any help with this.
JohnnyUtah

Re: Can my computer handle MP2?

Postby JohnnyUtah » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:26 am

I assume it will work fine as I have some new DAWs that work fine on my computer.
JohnnyUtah

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:03 pm

MP2 and MP2 CE are the same software, so if one urns OK then the other will.

If your DAW(s) run OK with the Realtek then MP2 standalone or plug-in should do so too. But, I would look at getting a decent ASIO audio interface, for better quality, less latency and more flexibility. Focusrite, perhaps?

Your PC may run out of steam if you have many tracks or many plug-ins loaded.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby JohnnyUtah » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:41 pm

DarkStar wrote:MP2 and MP2 CE are the same software, so if one urns OK then the other will.

If your DAW(s) run OK with the Realtek then MP2 standalone or plug-in should do so too. But, I would look at getting a decent ASIO audio interface, for better quality, less latency and more flexibility. Focusrite, perhaps?

Your PC may run out of steam if you have many tracks or many plug-ins loaded.

Yes, I'm definitely planning to buy an ASIO audio interface in the future not just for MP2, but since I do have other plugins and DAWs with a lot of recorded music.

Well, I wasn't able to run MP2CE, but I'm almost sure that was because of file path/installation issues rather than the sound card being the reason. I agree with you.

I actually finally finished installing the full version along with all 16 parts of the sound library...wow that took hours. I sure hope fully installing this and getting it to work isn't a huge hassle as well...I would hate to have to reinstall all those 16 parts again haha.
JohnnyUtah

Return to General Discussions