iRig Keys I/O LED control

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

iRig Keys I/O LED control

Postby darcy1 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:21 am

Hi,

Is there any mode or method where I can have the iRig send the drum pad events as momentary CC events, but have the LEDs be controlled by CC on/off messages sent back from the DAW?

My application is MainStage for live use. Want to send momentary events to use the latch on/latch off of MainStage rather than have the on/off state be latched in the iRig hardware.

Problem with doing it in hardware is that the hardware's state get out of sync with my MainStage patch whenever a patch change is made. In some cases the LED state gets backwards. Would be nice if I could treat everything from iRig as stateless, and have MainStage set up the LEDs.

I think nanoKONTROL has a mode like this for its buttons/LEDs.

If there is no such mode, please consider this as a suggestion or feature request to add to the next firmware update.

Regards,

Darcy
darcy1

Re: iRig Keys I/O LED control

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:48 pm

Hey Darcy,

Thanks for your post.

While we greatly appreciate your interest here and I will be sure to pass this to the team. At this time, there is no direct control over these LEDs. We normally suggest the dedicated preset for MainStage use. This uses Program Changes on the different pads (1 - 8). This preset is included with the latest firmware update for the iRig Keys I/O.

Read more on the firmware update here.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby darcy1 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:04 pm

Thanks Ryan for the quick reply.

I have installed the firmware upgrade as part of preparation for eventual MacOS upgrade to Mojave. Unfortunately this erased my user preset. I will try to use the new factory setting as I cannot be stuck in a situation where I lose all my config data during firmware upgrades.

Please pass that info along to the team as well. Maybe they can fix the firmware upgrader utility to preserve user config.

Regards,

Darcy
darcy1

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:11 pm

darcy1 wrote:Thanks Ryan for the quick reply.

I have installed the firmware upgrade as part of preparation for eventual MacOS upgrade to Mojave. Unfortunately this erased my user preset. I will try to use the new factory setting as I cannot be stuck in a situation where I lose all my config data during firmware upgrades.

Please pass that info along to the team as well. Maybe they can fix the firmware upgrader utility to preserve user config.

Regards,

Darcy

Please contact the support team here. It is not 100% clear what happened here, but they should be able to dig into this deeper for you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to General Discussions