Gilmour presets

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Gilmour presets

Postby ian.ollerenshaw » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:28 am

Hi guys,
i am new to AmpliTube(also new to my mac) and therefore not too familiar with either yet.
im looking for some settings for some gilmour tones,
Ideally for shine on, comfortably numb, coming back to life, or any others that you might use ?
and also, i have some downloaded presets from youtube but not sure where to download the file to in amplitube 4 ??
im running on a MacBook pro .

any help or advice greatly appreciated.!!
Thanks in advance.

Ian
ian.ollerenshaw

Re: Gilmour presets

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:20 pm

Hey Ian,

Thanks for your post.

While the Preset Xchange is being worked on at this time. We do have a Facebook group which has a bunch of great users sharing their favorite presets from AmpliTube. Feel free to join using the link below!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/253022442104269/

Note - All presets will be stored in your Documents -> IK Multimedia -> AmpliTube 4 -> Presets folder. Make sure to add any new files here or in a sub folder inside this folder.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby ian.ollerenshaw » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:30 pm

Hi Ryan,
Thanks for your reply,
i guess i will need to wait for the exchange then as i don't use facebook
ian.ollerenshaw

Postby carlaz » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:44 pm

Would it be possible for IKM to at least temporarily enable some part of this forum as a place for sharing presets? The Facebook group is a good workaround, but (as seen) it has limitations.

I've got a semi-decentish Gilmour preset or two that I've cooked up (considering I generally play an humbuckered LP and am not a Gilmour expert!) but someone more knowledgeable could use it as a starting point to tweak it as they liked. Would need a non-FB way to pass it along.

Still, I think the foundation of most Gilmourish presets in Amplitube would be the BigPig (based on Big Muff) and the HiAmp (based on HiWatt). AT has no stomp/rack model based on a Binson Echorec, but I'd go with the EchoMan (based on the Memory Man) or (my preference!) the Fulltone SSTE (itself basically a cleaned-up EchoPlex clone). There are few Web sites that go into impressive detail in picking apart Gilmour's gear and tones over the years. I think its hard to exactly reproduce any particular signal chain in Amplitube, but there is enough information that one can make fairly informed choices on alternative emulations.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby muddi » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:49 pm

Totaly agree with Carlaz! Please IKM Team, dedicate a part of this forum to share AT4 presets and why not, AT for iPad presets too. Not everyone has a FB account. Thank you in advance for your attention. Rgds, Muddi
muddi

Postby ian.ollerenshaw » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:25 pm

Yes, that's a great idea!
We don't all use facebook, and i for one don't want to !
also, as there is a link to the exchange in Amplitube i really think there should be one!!
come on IK !!
ian.ollerenshaw

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:04 pm

We do not have file storage space on the forum to store presets, but I will consider alternative methods and check to see if a thread could be dedicated to the exchange of presets in the future.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ian.ollerenshaw » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:06 pm

Many thanks
ian.ollerenshaw

Postby muddi » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:42 pm

Thanks a lot, Peter. Please keep us informed!
muddi

Postby carlaz » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:00 pm

Peter_IK wrote:We do not have file storage space on the forum, but I will consider alternative methods and check to see if a thread could be dedicated to the exchange of presets in the future.

Thanks for the efforts! :) I think any kind of (semi-)official avenue for this sort of thing, however temporary, would be welcomed by the user community.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling