how do i transfer a licence to someone for an ik product.

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

how do i transfer a licence to someone for an ik product.

Postby dj_andy_mac » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:47 pm

hi guys, im thinking of selling ARC as i dont use it enough anymore. if i was to sell it, how would i transfer the licence to someone else ?

thanks
dj_andy_mac

Re: how do i transfer a licence to someone for an ik product

Postby brianbane » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:52 am

Hello and welcome to the forum. In order to transfer an IK Multimedia software license to another person, the current rights owner must purchase a "License Transfer Credit" in the IK Multimedia's online store. Once you have purchased one, go to the License Transfer section of your User Area and paste it in the empty field next to the product you want to transfer, then click the Tansfer button.
brianbane
1K Club

Postby dj_andy_mac » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:22 am

ahhh excellent :) and then the new owner will just use the same serial number ?
dj_andy_mac

Postby lovestream » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:35 pm

...and then the new owner will just use the same serial number ?

I would like to ask the same question. Will the buyer use the same serial number, and should I just hand it over to him/her as the seller?

I think it's essential to know this both as a buyer and seller before the transaction, but I cannot find the answer to this anywhere on the site.
Actually I sent the question to the support about a half year ago, but they never replied.
lovestream

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:34 pm

You would follow our FAQ at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=44 and then you can give the serial to the buyer and they can run Authorization Manager (or click the button to register from within the demo version of the product) using that serial. The program will then be in their User Area. Note that if you have purchased a product with media that you must also send them the media, and that is how they will install sounds too.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lovestream » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:38 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply, Peter. I knew about the parts in the FAQ, I was just wondering what would happen, after I "triggered" the license transfer.

Thanks again and best regards
Erik
lovestream

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:00 pm

eo wrote:Thanks a lot for the reply, Peter. I knew about the parts in the FAQ, I was just wondering what would happen, after I "triggered" the license transfer.

Thanks again and best regards
Erik

Yes, I just put that for reference so I wouldn't have to type it or paste it all here again :)

But I've also submitted that FAQ for some TLC to perhaps add in more "after" information.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lovestream » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:03 pm

Peter_IK wrote:But I've also submitted that FAQ for some TLC to perhaps add in more "after" information.

That would be very much appreciated, thanks :D
lovestream

Postby molecola » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:18 pm

hi.
i'm in a similar situation but my ARC was a crossgrade from t-racks when i originally bought it, later i upgraded to ARC2. so i got the two licenses in my user area. i suppose i should transfer the latest one (ARC2), but what about the original crossgrade? should the new buyer also do crossgrade and already own another registered IK software as well? i'm asking this because of the two different serial numbers between the two versions (the ARC2 is a regular upgrade, while the crossgrade bundle was "linked" to the former original ARC serial).
just to clarify things, thanks a lot.
molecola

Postby SalvoM » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:11 am

Some more question about this procedure.

Is the "License Transfer Credit" valid for 1 product?
Is the "License Transfer Credit" valid for 1 new owner?

Ex: I want to sell Amplitube 3 and Sampletank 3 , to two different users.. Do I have to buy 2 License Transfer Credit?

Ex2: I want to sell Amplitube 3 and Sampletank 3 to one user, how many License Transfer Credit should I buy?
SalvoM

Postby DarkStar » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:33 am

Yes and Yes.

So, you will need 2 for each example.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ikillintel » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:57 pm

Peter, I can not seem to find the License Transfer Credit in the web store.. can you hook me up with a link?

Looking to give two licenses to my brother 1 for Amplitube Max (he will be upgrading from Amplitube 3 Metal) and also 1 license for Fulltone so I know I'll need to purchase 2 credits...is there anything to purchase on his end?

I've never done this so a link for the proper steps would be helpful as well, Thank you! :)
ikillintel

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:05 pm

ikillintel wrote:Peter, I can not seem to find the License Transfer Credit in the web store.. can you hook me up with a link?

Looking to give two licenses to my brother 1 for Amplitube Max (he will be upgrading from Amplitube 3 Metal) and also 1 license for Fulltone so I know I'll need to purchase 2 credits...is there anything to purchase on his end?

I've never done this so a link for the proper steps would be helpful as well, Thank you! :)

The steps should be at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=44

You will need to visit your IK User Area and make sure each item you'd like to transfer has a transfer button next to it when you click "Serials/License".

You can buy a License Transfer Credit here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/? ... fer-credit
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to General Discussions