iRig HD2/Garage Band/Amp connection

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig HD2/Garage Band/Amp connection

Postby RVermilye » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:48 pm

I'm new to Irig HD2, just got it yesterday. Connected Guitar to Irig, Irig USB to MAC, Output of Irig to external Amp. Is there anyway to get output with effects to Amp through the Irig? I'd like to eventually go to iPad Pro with Guitar/Garage Band and have output go directly to my external Amp but don't know if it's possible to do with the iRIG. I know the headphone output on the iRIG will give me the Garage Band amps output, but I'm wanting to get the same thing out of the 1/4" jack of the amp output on the iRig.
RVermilye

Re: iRig HD2/Garage Band/Amp connection

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:07 pm

Please make sure the switch on the side of your iRig HD 2 is set to "FX" instead of "THRU". That should do it.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jerrylieblich » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:44 am

I have a similar problem. Everything works except the FX processed signal on the amp-out jack. When the switch is the clean signal mode I get the clean signal from my guitar out to the amp. But when I switch to “FX” the audio cuts out completely.The headphone jack on the iRig works fine so I guess I could adapt the 1/8” to 1/4”, but I thought the 1/4” amp out jack was supposed to be able to handle this.

IRig HD2
2018 iPad Pro
Amplitube 4
jerrylieblich

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:11 am

jerrylieblich wrote:I have a similar problem. Everything works except the FX processed signal on the amp-out jack. When the switch is the clean signal mode I get the clean signal from my guitar out to the amp. But when I switch to “FX” the audio cuts out completely.The headphone jack on the iRig works fine so I guess I could adapt the 1/8” to 1/4”, but I thought the 1/4” amp out jack was supposed to be able to handle this.

IRig HD2
2018 iPad Pro
Amplitube 4

This doesn’t sound like normal behavior so please report it to IK Support for direct assistance at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and I’m sure they will be able to assist you directly with your issue. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers