Pitch Shifting

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Pitch Shifting

Postby Serendipity80 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:30 am

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if Amplitube have made a pedal like a Digitech Drop Polyphonic that allows you to change pitch without retuning your guitar. For instance stay in standard tuning but use a pedal to make it drop C?

Thanks,

Paul.
Serendipity80

Re: Pitch Shifting

Postby stateofepicicity » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:56 am

Unfortunately, there is no realtime plugin I know of that exists for this purpose. Pitchshifter VSTs exist that will handle this, and I believe one is bundled with every DAW, but none of them will function realtime; the processing power required is just too great. Personally, even the Digitech pedals' pitchshifting latency is even too much for me! I highly recommend simply downtuning your guitar when you want to go to drop C, and using something like the Dunlop Heavy Core Strings. If you have a stop tail, this isn't a big deal, and if you use a trem, just about any of them can be lock to divebomb only, and you can still downtune your guitar without needing to do an entire setup. I think the benefits of the tone and resonance far outweigh the convenience of droptuning via pitchshift. When you use a pedal for that purpose, you lose the natural resonance of an altered or drop tuning, which is really inspiring. Take it with a grain of salt. Best of luck!
stateofepicicity

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling