CONTEST: Metal vs Blues - win an AmpliTube iOS bundle!

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Re: CONTEST: Metal vs Blues - win an AmpliTube iOS bundle!

Postby bluemoon » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:59 am

The Blues, because it tells a story. My story.
bluemoon

Postby wolfdencards » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:18 pm

Love the Rhythm and Groove of Metal way over Blues.
wolfdencards

Postby ToneMonster » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:50 pm

It really doesn't matter what your preference is, you see I don't have to enter because I have the privilege of owning every single add-on Amplitube has to offer with the exception of the Leslie speakers so mine is just an outright unbiased opinion. Whether you are a master of metal or a blues king or anything in-between ik multimedia is hands down the most authentic amp emulation software available today and I can say this with conviction because I use them all in studio every day! The fact that the amps respond so realistically has made my daily tracking in studio or on the road the most effortless not to mention realistic feeling experience I have had with any software solution and I have used UA/Native Instruments as well as Bias and since Amplitube 4 I have never looked back. For the record I'm a Rock and Blues guy myself all the way from Slipknot to Stevie Ray Vaughan and everything in-between ik multimedia comes out on top. (Drops Mic and leave the building)
ToneMonster

Postby lothcarlos » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:26 pm

god save the...Blues
lothcarlos

Postby fortitudeofsolace » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:27 pm

Well, if we’re talking acoustic Blues, basically straight from the delta, that wins for me! Somehow, once blues goes electric, it’s no longer to my taste. BUT, speaking of taste: my Metal appreciation tends toward the early days of the genre, with bands that originally got their start PLAYING Blues jams (think of Black Sabbath, for instance).

Ah, so it comes full circle! (Doesn’t it always?) :D
fortitudeofsolace

Postby PhilipMikols » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:11 am

Do I really have to choose? I would say metal because there are no limits to what you can do in metal. I can go from very simple to extremely complex in one song with a wide range of dynamics and sounds.
Keyboardist and composer using Studio One Pro.
PhilipMikols

Postby erit_539 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:24 am

- Blues: It's always listenable, it has relatable content on the lyrics, the classic licks and sounds that everybody loves, that sound of a Fender amp with a Strat, what else you want? That's it!

- Metal: It's cool, has it's own thing, I like the distortion, the adrenaline, the power and the energy on the sound and music, but it's missing something. /:

So, I'll have to stay with, The Blues. Fender amps are great, SRV is one of my heroes, so, Fender it's the way to go.

I'm a Blues man, but a good man. (:
erit_539

Postby Rob9874 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:49 pm

Metal! Because it has excitement, energy, and aggression.
Rob9874

Postby lchalk » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:40 pm

I have to go with the blues, I love them both but I already own all the metal gear and I really need the fender collection 2 so my hands are kind of tied here.
lchalk

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:21 pm

Time to pick some winners! Stay tuned for the list.

Note that if you chose metal, you will win a code for the Full Metal Packet in-app purchase for AmpliTube, AmpliTube for iPad, AmpliTube CS, or AmpliTube CS for iPad. If you chose blues you'll win a code for Fender Collection 2 in those apps.

You must reply with what version of AmpliTube you have on your device (the free CS versions will work, there is no purchase necessary).

Apple has a support doc about how to redeem codes: https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht201209

You can use this gear in other versions of AmpliTube on your iOS devices (on your iPhone and iPad, for example) per this FAQ: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/3649
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:24 pm

cagri.akman.91 wrote:Blues changed people understanding via feeling of music, metal changed people feeling via understanding of music.

For me, metal \m/ is much better!

Congratulations, you're the first winner! Please PM what you chose to remind me (metal or blues) and which version of AmpliTube you use on your device:

AmpliTube (iPhone)
AmpliTube CS (iPhone)
AmpliTube for iPad (iPad)
AmpliTube CS for iPad (iPad)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:24 pm

fbonso wrote:BluesBluesBlues

(Fender are the greatest amps)

Congratulations, you're the second winner! Please PM what you chose to remind me (metal or blues) and which version of AmpliTube you use on your device:

AmpliTube (iPhone)
AmpliTube CS (iPhone)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:25 pm

francoisthibault wrote:Metal. It's the evolved blues.

You can do metal with blues licks but you can't really do blues with metal licks.

Metal is based on blues.

You can do metal and blues with metal amp by turning the gain down but can't really do metal with blues amp.

There is clean, crunch on blues amp.
There is clean, crunch and lead on metal amps.
More tubes too.

:D

Congratulations, you're the third winner! Please PM what you chose to remind me (metal or blues) and which version of AmpliTube you use on your device:

AmpliTube (iPhone)
AmpliTube CS (iPhone)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:26 pm

korakios wrote:Metal ,that tone always relax me :D

Congratulations, you're the fourth winner! Please PM what you chose to remind me (metal or blues) and which version of AmpliTube you use on your device:

AmpliTube (iPhone)
AmpliTube CS (iPhone)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:26 pm

Balvear wrote:Metal vs. Blues? Metal is extreme rock riffs which are generally based on blues riffs so they are in my opinion one and the same. I call a tie.

Congratulations, you're the fifth and final winner! Please PM what you chose to remind me (metal or blues) and which version of AmpliTube you use on your device:

AmpliTube (iPhone)
AmpliTube CS (iPhone)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions