Just got into Recording

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Just got into Recording

Postby ScreamingWaves » Sat May 26, 2018 1:37 pm

Hi everyone!
last year I recorded my own band with just a mixer, a zoom h3 and a really cheap mic kit, but I got great results (also considering my weak mixing knowledge, as weak as my old acer aspire) so I decided to get totally into it and get myself a MacBook Pro (16 gb touch bar etc) and a Presonus 1818svl. I'm about to get 2 mxl 603s to use for the cymbals as well, but is there anything else you would suggest? such as tips, shopping suggestions etc

https://youtu.be/HiRq2UZp5ZU
this is the result of my old recordings (IT´S NOT MEANT TO BE FOR EVERYONE´S EARS)
I´d really appreciate if you guys could give me a feedback about it too (about the sound, not the song itself)

I hope to hear from many of you!
thanx!
ScreamingWaves

Re: Just got into Recording

Postby AudioDude232 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:27 am

Hello,

Sounds like the raw tones you are getting are pretty good. I would spend some time learning a bit more about mixing to really hone in that sound. Being that it is punk music, it can be a little more raw. Nail The Mix is a fantastic resource and community for learning how to mix. If you haven't heard of it, check it out.

Also, if you're trying to get good recordings, you may want to upgrade your interface. I'm currently using an Apollo Twin: https://drummingreview.com/apollo-twin-review/
Last edited by AudioDude232 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AudioDude232

Re: Just got into Recording

Postby ScreamingWaves » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:43 pm

AudioDude232 wrote:Hello,

Sounds like the raw tones you are getting are pretty good. I would spend some time learning a bit more about mixing to really hone in that sound. Being that it is punk music, it can be a little more raw. Nail The Mix is a fantastic resource and community for learning how to mix. If you haven't heard of it, check it out.

thanx for your feedback, and ill definitely check that out!
ScreamingWaves

Return to General Discussions