library management

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

library management

Postby Tony.F » Wed May 18, 2022 2:48 pm

Is there an IK app or utility that facilitates file/folder management of library sound content (e. g. "moving or relocating" library files) from one HD to another HD on the same computer (C drive to D Drive, etc.)?

I've been doing some HD housekeeping on my DAW PC and was wondering if some such app or utility was available.

Thanks.
Tony.F

Re: library management

Postby DarkStar » Wed May 18, 2022 4:16 pm

No, I just use Explorer/Finder then change the path in the software's Preference Settings.

Just make sure that you move the whole library for each product.

You could do a Reinstall Library in the IKPM, but that may mean downloading the .zip / .dmg files again.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Tony.F » Thu May 19, 2022 3:00 am

Just one more question before I proceed, I found the field in settings to change the directory and path in the PH2 "player" but could not find anything similar in the Modo Bass settings?
Tony.F

Postby DarkStar » Thu May 19, 2022 2:22 pm

MODO Bass does not have a sounds library.The sounds are all physically-modelled.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Tony.F » Fri May 20, 2022 1:03 am

DarkStar wrote:MODO Bass does not have a sounds library.The sounds are all physically-modelled.

Oh good grief. Brain fade on my part.

Anyway, got PH2 moved and reset the path and directory of sampletank4 and the PH2 player.

Tested and all is well.

Thank you.
Tony.F

Postby Mada6232 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:29 pm

Hey guys, rather than start a new thread. I'm having a little issue with this too.
So main drive is getting full and I can't download my sounds from the IK product manager now.

I researched and see I have about 300+gbs in (on Mac) Users>name>Documents>IK
I moved these too another drive and will delete.

But I also see different files (300+gbs) at Users>Shared>IK
What are theses? Can I move and put in same folder as rest of samples on another drive.

Also, where do the installers get downloaded too when doing from the Product Manager. I see it automatically installs them but want to make sure I'm not eating space by leaving the installers on the drive.

Appreciate it!!
Mada6232

Postby Mada6232 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:09 am

Disregard where the installers are - I found them. I have it backwards. Installers are the ones I moved (users>name>Ik) and the samples are in users>shared>Ik
Mada6232

Return to General Discussions