HOWTO: iRig Pads scenes for various apps/software products

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

HOWTO: iRig Pads scenes for various apps/software products

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:11 pm

Here are the scenes you should use for different apps and software products when using iRig Pads to control them:

SampleTank (iOS, MAC/PC) --> SCENE 1.
GrooveMaker 2 (iOS) --> SCENE 1
FL Studio Mobile (iOS) --> SCENE 1 for drum kits
Korg Gadget (iOS) --> SCENE 1 for drum kits
iMPC Pro (iOS) --> SCENE 5
GarageBand (iOS, MAC/PC) --> SCENE 1 only notes. Maps have to be done
MPC Studio (MAC/PC) --> SCENE 5, 6, 7, 8
Ableton Live (MAC/PC) --> SCENE 1 only notes and CC. Maps have to be done
Maschine (MAC/PC) --> SCENE 2

To change SCENES follow these steps:
  1. Press the SCENE button
  2. All pads containing a scene will illuminate Green. The pad with the in-use scene is illuminated Orange
  3. Press the pad # relative to the scene you want to load
  4. The pad that has been pressed will quickly flash two times to confirm the scene has been loaded
  5. iRig Pads will automatically exit the SCENE mode (SCENE button will go off)

NOTE: Tapping on a empty scene (non-illuminated pads) will not produce any effects and no scene will be recalled.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: HOWTO: iRig Pads scenes for various apps/software produ

Postby senseamp » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:00 pm

Maybe I'm unusual, but the first thing I did with my PADS was to program in my own combinations of pad values and generate my own scenes!
Last edited by senseamp on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
senseamp

Postby senseamp » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:47 am

Well after a little thought I modified my scheme and here is how to play a bunch of chords in the C/Am key, using basically three fingers. Transposing the pads will get all other keys which you can put into other scenes, Please let me know what you think. :D
G2 C3 D3 E3
E2 A2 B2 C3
C2 F2 G2 A2
A1 D2 E2 F2
senseamp

Postby tjoe2014 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:44 am

Has anyone else gotten iRig Pads to work with iMPC Pro? I am on scene 5 but getting no response from the app. SampleTank works fine. Korg Gadget works in scene 1 for drum apps though not all of the pads seem to be mapped.
tjoe2014

Postby tjoe2014 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:01 pm

OK, so I did some more digging on using iRig Pads with the iMPC Pro app. According to Retronyms, they implemented a MIDI layout which dates back to the old MPC60. It is not a typical MIDI drum layout by today's standards.
Ref: http://blog.retronyms.com/2014/07/impc- ... tails.html

The following are their recommended note messages. However, I discovered through trial and error that I had to lower each note by one octave for it to work. So Pad 1 would be C#2. Pad 16 would be F3. Using a MIDI utility like MIDI-OX is really helpful when programming the pads. I would really like to see a simple PC editor for programming the iRig Pads. The built-in editing works but is a bit tedious and slow.

Send note on/off messages on channel 10. The notes are laid out on the Grid like this:
C#4 G4 D#4 F4
C4 B3 A3 G3
E3 D3 A#3 G#3
C#3 C3 F#3 A#6
tjoe2014

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:23 pm

Hey guys,

If you have not already done so, make sure to check out the iRig Pads Editor!

This is a new software allows you to customize the set up for your iRig Pads quickly and easily.

For more information on this product check out this link below:

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=6229

To download this application go to your User Area -> My Products section and look under your iRig Pads device -> Related Downloads.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Sianspheric » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:13 am

Hi.

Has anyone created a scene that is compatible with Intua's Beatmaker 2 app? Thanks.
Sianspheric

Postby lukejchristie » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:27 pm

hiya,
Im trying to edit the midid notes but for some reason it wont enable me to input anything except letters and numbers so I cant input # for example... this seems liek such a stupid problem!
I noticed that there is the option to import scenes and so wondered if anyone had shared a scene that actually works for beatmaker or impc pro (i cant get scene 5 which supposedly is right for impc to work!)
lukejchristie

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories