AmpliTube - No sound from iPad speakers

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

AmpliTube - No sound from iPad speakers

Postby ed.lauwerens » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:28 pm

I hope someone can help me.
I use AmpliTube on an Ipad, use the iRig to connect my guitar.
When I connect a headphone to the iRig, everything works fine.
My question is: can I also use the speakers of the iPad as output? (instead of a headphone connected to the iRig)
Thanks for your responses/help.
ed.lauwerens

Re: AmpliTube - No sound from iPad speakers

Postby Obitheincredible » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:21 pm

No, unfortunately when the iRig is plugged in it will always bypass the iPad speakers. You can plug the headphone output into a home stereo system or a portable speaker like our iLoud. Plus, most any speaker sounds tons better for your tone and music than the iPad speakers do.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby ed.lauwerens » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:44 pm

Thank you, that explains my issue and answers my question. Thanks for clarifying.
ed.lauwerens

Postby Obitheincredible » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:01 pm

Anytime. :)
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby morrison2273 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:14 am

I am having the same problem but using the irig HD, so connecting via lightning, access to mic is on, fx/s/m all on in mixer and output level indicators ok, can play through headphones but no sound from iPad or iPhone speakers. support have not been able to resolve please help!
morrison2273

Postby Obitheincredible » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:10 am

Please PM me your ticket number and I'll bring it to the Support Managers attention.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby mreateguiydv1 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:58 am

looks like morrison's issue is the same as ed's, the OP...if so, the original answer would suffice, no? : iRig bypasses the ipad speakers and will output to headphones
that sucks but would make sense as i have the exact same issue. sometimes, i just want to fool around, dont want to hook up speakers or monitors :/
mreateguiydv1

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:20 pm

mreateguiydv1 wrote:looks like morrison's issue is the same as ed's, the OP...if so, the original answer would suffice, no? : iRig bypasses the iPad speakers and will output to headphones
that sucks but would make sense as i have the exact same issue. sometimes, i just want to fool around, dont want to hook up speakers or monitors :/

morrison is using iRig HD which does not have a specific output on the device like the original iRig so it is likely not the same and our support team is there to help and will do so for each person that submits a request.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mike90j1 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:48 pm

Any resolution on this with iRigHD I just bought one and plugged it in to my iPad Air 2 and no sound

I can see the input is working fine but no sound other than through headphones. Should I be able to get sound through speakers?

Mike
mike90j1

Postby Daniel_IK » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:22 pm

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum!

You should definitely be able to get sound through your speakers. Please contact technical support and they will get you up running with sound. Here's the link to the Technical Support team: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Daniel_IK
IK Moderator

Postby mike90j1 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:16 am

Thanks I have submitted a ticket. Fortunately I already had GarageBand for iPad and it works with the iRig HD without problem.

Mike
mike90j1

Postby davidrowan.nj » Thu May 28, 2015 7:44 pm

Hey guys,
Just got my IRigHD last night and I have been having problems with sound coming from the amplitube app itself. I purchased the bundle and the other guitar apps(the slash, Hendrix, fender, and orange amps) have no problem but the original amplitube app isn't sending any signal out...it's receiving signal but has no output? Any thoughts?
davidrowan.nj

Postby dr_rick » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:39 am

davidrowan.nj wrote:Hey guys,
Just got my IRigHD last night and I have been having problems with sound coming from the amplitube app itself. I purchased the bundle and the other guitar apps(the slash, Hendrix, fender, and orange amps) have no problem but the original amplitube app isn't sending any signal out...it's receiving signal but has no output? Any thoughts?

I have the same problem. I plug in headphones to the iRig HD2, no sound. I plug headphones into iPad. No sound. What's the problem? I thought it would plug and play!
dr_rick

Postby lechevarria » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:13 am

Hi,
I have a setup iRig_HD2 + Amplitube CS running on iPad Air.
I can not manage to get sound through iPad Speakers only through headphones.
Can anybody help on that topic?

Thanks in advance.
Lorenzo.
lechevarria

Postby klipnov » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:56 pm

Same problem as well. Sound comes out of the irig heaphone jack but, I cant get sound out of my ipad or iphone
klipnov

Next

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories