AmpliTube - No sound from iPad speakers

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Re: AmpliTube - No sound from iPad speakers

Postby chrisoldroyd » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:29 pm

I have the same issue, irig hd2 plugged into iPad Pro via lightning cable and o my way I can get sound is via headphone on irig2hd

Is this correct or should I be able to use the iPad speakers as an amp as this would be great for me while travelling.

If not can someone recommend a reasonable priced portable speaker that will work with the audio out? Seems stupid when the iPad has nice stereo speakers built in already though!
chrisoldroyd

Postby rizzy422 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:38 am

Same issue with.me I plugged in my irig HD and no sound coming from the ipad speakers for some reason. I wonder why
rizzy422

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:52 pm

Hey Guys!

It seems there is some confusion in this thread. Let's see if I can help clear things up.

The iRig HD 1 (The original) did not include any output options. This allowed the iOS headphone port and speakers to be used with the iRig HD 1.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irighd/

*This will also be the case for the iRig Pro (Original) as this does not include any output options.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/irigpro/

The iRig HD 2 now includes output options, both a dedicated amplifier output, and a headphone port. Due to this, the iOS headphone port and built-in speakers will be disabled. This is by iOS design and cannot be changed at this time.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irighd2/

*This is also the case with the newer iRig Pro I/O as this offers a headphone port.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/irigproio/

If you have troubles getting your iOS headphone port or iOS built-in speakers to playback any signal with the iRig HD 1 (The original) or the iRig Pro (Original). Please contact our Technical Support team for assistance here.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

If you have the iRig HD 2 or the iRig Pro I/O. Do note, this is normal behavior here due to iOS design. Please use headphones or external speakers with these units.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby gnrcat » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:29 pm

Hi. I know this is an old topic but i have a similar problem. I read through the information and links provided on this topic but could not find anything.

I’ve recently bought an iRig Hd2 which works fine with my iphone and an a Marshall amp. But when i connect it to my Ipad Pro (whith IK mini usb to usb c cable) i can see that the apps detect the input but i cannot get any output from the Irig. I’ve seen that IK says that we should use the audio output from the irig itself but what happens with the amp output? Should it work while connected to an ipad pro?

Thanks for the help
gnrcat

Postby gnrcat » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:32 pm

Hi. I know this is an old topic but i have a similar problem. I read through the information and links provided on this topic but could not find anything.

I’ve recently bought an iRig Hd2 which works fine with my iphone and an a Marshall amp. But when i connect it to my Ipad Pro (whith IK mini usb to usb c cable) i can see that the apps detect the input but i cannot get any output from the Irig. I’ve seen that IK says that we should use the audio output from the irig itself but what happens with the amp output? Should it work while connected to an ipad pro?

Thanks for the help
gnrcat

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:37 pm

gnrcat wrote:Hi. I know this is an old topic but i have a similar problem. I read through the information and links provided on this topic but could not find anything.

Thanks for the help

Try adjusting the No Feedback option in Menu -> Settings. If you still have issues, shoot me a PM and I can take a look before sending you to support.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby gnrcat » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:30 pm

That worked!

Thanks very much!

Btw, i have a ticket open because my irig does not work on the PC. Do you know more or less how many days does it take to answer?
gnrcat

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:36 pm

gnrcat wrote:That worked!

Thanks very much!

Btw, i have a ticket open because my irig does not work on the PC. Do you know more or less how many days does it take to answer?

There has been a slightly longer wait time with the current global situation and we've been expanding out team to help get everyone settled as soon as possible. If you can PM me your ticket number I can get your case flagged down.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby gnrcat » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:33 pm

Thanks a lot for the help Ryan,

Really appreciated. The ticket number is 6264535.
gnrcat

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:00 pm

gnrcat wrote:Thanks a lot for the help Ryan,

Really appreciated. The ticket number is 6264535.

Thank you I've passed this to the team.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby paklose » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:39 am

Thanks this post, and very timely. I recently upgraded my iPad Pro 2016 (10.7” with lightning connector) to an iPad Pro 2020 (USB-C). I usually practice with the iRig HD 2, AmpliTube models and headphones, and after using a USB-C to micro usb cable and the headphones out on the HD 2 all appeared normal. Not so when I turned up at a live gig and connected the new iPad Pro and HD2 to the amp via the 1/4” output.- No output at all.- very disappointed and confusing since if the headphones out is working I would have imagined the guitar output would follow.

Anyway thanks to Ryan’s suggestion and this post all is well. After trying the suggestion, the amp output immediately started working by toggling the ‘No Feedback’ setting from ‘Auto’ to ‘off’. I too have a ticket that I raised before seeing this post, so I’ll let the team know this is resolved.

Something I’ve noticed though is that when using the USB-C connection in the iOS AmpliTube app, and checking settings, the input is sensed as a ‘Headset’ jack input, not ‘Digital‘ input that is sensed when connected via the lightning connector on those type of iOS devices (I’ve tested and iPhone 8 and the old iPad Pro 2016). Is there any difference in quality with the USB-C implementation when compared to lightning? Given this is the new standard one would hope not, although the input is being sensed as if it was like the TRRS mic/headphone input on the original iRigs when apple devices still had 3.5mm jacks.

Thanks again
paklose

Previous

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories