Wanting to use Vocalive w/iRig Pre to run vocal effects live

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Wanting to use Vocalive w/iRig Pre to run vocal effects live

Postby berniemcpeak » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:34 pm

Hi,

I've been recording covers using Vocalive, the iRig Pre and a condenser mic. The results have been amazing! Now I have joined a band and will be singing live on stage. I would like to use my Vocalive app on my iPad or iPhone, along with my iRig pre to act as a vocal processor while on stage. this would be running the signal out of the 3.5mm "monitor/headphone" output on the iRig Pre into the main PA system. Would this be possible? And if it is, could someone provide a wiring diagram/example?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Eric
berniemcpeak

Re: Wanting to use Vocalive w/iRig Pre to run vocal effects

Postby Obitheincredible » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:58 pm

Yes, you'd just need the right cable and it just so happens we make the iLine Cable Kit for the modern mobile musician. It has every cable you 'd need to gig live.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby salvadorgf » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:45 am

So, i was wondering what´s better for live performance, the irig Pre or the Pro? Can you post some sort of connection diagram or pic?

Thanks a lot!
salvadorgf

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:23 am

salvadorgf wrote:So, i was wondering what´s better for live performance, the irig Pre or the Pro? Can you post some sort of connection diagram or pic?

Thanks a lot!

IK typically posts examples of how each interface is used on the product page of each. In my opinion, iRig PRO is the way to go since it connects via the digital dock connector on your iOS device which is a pristine signal vs iRig PRE plugging into the headphone jack which is an analog connection which will result in more noise and potential crosstalk.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby salvadorgf » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:53 am

Thanks a lot for your answer. Here's another quickie, can the irig mix also do the job?
salvadorgf

Postby tadmorguy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:44 am

Moved the question to a new topic...
tadmorguy

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories