iRig with any bluetooth speaker

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig with any bluetooth speaker

Postby stevenh69 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:31 pm

I have the iRig app and hardware for my iPhone. I also have the Bluetooth speaker. I would like to use my iRig through the speaker but I can't get the two to connect. My AmpliFi app works fine, but the iRig won't come through Bluetooth. Can I use the iRig with any Bluetooth speaker, or does it have to be done through an IK Mulitimedia Bluetooth?
stevenh69

Re: iRig with any bluetooth speaker

Postby Obitheincredible » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:46 pm

Our audio apps won't work with Bluetooth because all Bluetooth interfaces add latency, which is horrible for live musicians. That is why our iLoud also has an iRig Built into it so that you can use the latency free cable connection.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby stevenh69 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:09 pm

Thanks for your help.
stevenh69

Postby Obitheincredible » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:34 pm

Anytime.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby john252 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Does this mean I can plug my guitar into my irig that is connected to my iPad and the sound will come out through the iLoud speaker?
john252

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:39 pm

john252 wrote:Does this mean I can plug my guitar into my irig that is connected to my iPad and the sound will come out through the iLoud speaker?

You'd have to connect the iRig output to the iLoud 1/8" input. The connection routing for using iLoud's built-in iRig circuit is covered on the iLoud product pages.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby john252 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:03 pm

So it's not wireless then?
john252

Postby Miguel_IK » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:29 pm

iLoud can be used as a wireless bluetooth speaker when playing music from your iPhone or iPad's Music Player app.

However, if you connect a guitar into iLoud, you do have to use the wired connection. This is because using Bluetooth for audio input introduces a long input-output latency delay. Basically, if you could do connect your guitar wirelessly via Bluetooth, you would play a note on your guitar and you won't hear it until up to one second later.

For this reason, if you want to connect a guitar using iLoud, you must use a wired connection between iLoud and your iPhone/iPad.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Miguel_IK

Postby john252 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:33 pm

Great. Thanks.
john252

Postby pete@cybersanders.com » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:42 pm

This stinks because there is so much digital noise coming out of the headphone jack. I was hoping to be able to record from the IRig UA, but there is too much digital noise.
pete@cybersanders.com

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:47 pm

psanders240 wrote:This stinks because there is so much digital noise coming out of the headphone jack. I was hoping to be able to record from the IRig UA, but there is too much digital noise.

iRig UA is a digital audio interface and should have no "digital noise" coming from the headphone jack. Please open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ and they will happily assist you with this issue.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Marcsr223 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:55 am

hi,
I have Irig pro and amplitube and I want to listen to the guitar by airpods. How can I do that?
Marcsr223

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:28 am

Marcsr223 wrote:hi,
I have Irig pro and amplitube and I want to listen to the guitar by airpods. How can I do that?

AmpliTube does not send audio output via Bluetooth because of the inherent latency of Bluetooth which would make playing and recording unsatisfactory.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Marcsr223 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:40 am

your products are disappointing very expensive products. amplitube, amplitube fender, amplitube slash ... none share fx or in-app and I have to buy for each new in-app program. you can not charge the iphone while using Irig, and I can not use airpods with Irig and amplitube either. I have thrown money and time
Marcsr223

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:38 am

Marcsr223 wrote:your products are disappointing very expensive products. amplitube, amplitube fender, amplitube slash ... none share fx or in-app and I have to buy for each new in-app program. you can not charge the iPhone while using Irig, and I can not use airpods with Irig and amplitube either. I have thrown money and time

AmpliTube can share in-app purchases. You can find this information in the FAQ at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1109

Also, transmitting realtime audio over Bluetooth is not supported by almost all similar audio apps as the latency would make your playing experience unsatisfactory and it would not be the app, it would be the Bluetooth latency that causes the issue.

We also provide newer options for charging while using your audio interface (note that most audio interfaces on the market do not charge your device) like iRig Pro I/O and for most others you can use iRig PowerBridge.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories