Apogee Jam and Amplitube for iPAD

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Apogee Jam and Amplitube for iPAD

Postby markey1_2000 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:45 pm

My Apogee Jam is not working with Amplitube for iPad since upgrading to IOS7 on my iPAD 2. It has always been a little finnicky with Amplitube iOS. The Apogee Jam is however working with Garageband iOS since the iOS7 upgrade.

Anyone else experiencing issues Apogee Jam into Amplitube for iPad.

Maybe I need a iRIG HD now, very frustrating on the Jam device :roll:
markey1_2000

Re: Apogee Jam and Amplitube for iPad

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:53 pm

Before you do that (though we'd love to have you using iRig HD :) ), please read the following FAQ (which is also a sticky in our News and Announcements sub forum): http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/3620

Of course, if you wanted to add a mic pre and MIDI IN down the line we certainly wouldn't be against an upgrade to iRig PRO though. :D
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby markey1_2000 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:57 pm

LOL, thanks!
Cut me a deal on the irig hd pro and I will buy now :D
markey1_2000

Postby harryhat » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:48 am

I am also having this problem. Apogee jam is not working on iPad 2 with ios7 on both IPhone and iPad versions of Amplitube. I had no problems with previous iOS. The apogee works fine with other apps (jamup pro, ampkit, garage band). It also works fine with Amplitube on my iPhone 4S with ios7.

Also, since upgrading to iOS7, even the playback mode, Amplitube for iPad has been quirky. Choppy playback of multitrack recordings, delays when pressing function buttons on multitrack recorder (sliders, play, rewind, project list among others).

Before completing this message I tried using my irig stomp still with the same results.

I was planning on using this rig for a gig on Saturday but now will not be able to.

Please advise!
harryhat

Postby markey1_2000 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:58 am

Hey Harryhat and any others having issues.

Here is the solution that tech support gave me from a different App I use, same applied to Amplitube for me as I looked at these settings:

"Maybe you did not set to allow the App to access your microphone. iOS 7 added privacy setting for microphone access, it will ask your permission when first time start-up.

You can go to the iOS setting -> Privacy -> Microphone to enable. Make sure it is enabled for "Amplitube" and any other apps in which the Apogee Jam or other interface is not working."

I would never have figured this out, I was amazed how they had that hidden this, but once I checked above in Settings I realized the Mic was off for Amplitube and a couple other Apps where I could not get the guitar in.
Overall I also find my Apogee Jam not as good in the ipad apps after iOS7. May just be me but I dunno but sound is not as professional which is why I may be looking to go iRig HD route :(

Let me know if you need more help, let's hope you get it working for the gig Saturday.

BTW, I would love to know how you guys are finding the iRig HD. I would mainly use it on my iPad as for my Mac rig I have a dedicated Audio Interface. Anyone tried vs Apogee Jam etc?
markey1_2000

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Yes, we have a sticky post in News and Announcements and an FAQ and a news item on our site about that so I'll bet it might help ;)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby puraxays » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:04 pm

Hi, I have a 3rd Gen iPad and Apogee Jam. And I have just purchased Amplitube Slash for iPad but it doesn't work despite Amplitube app works. No sound is coming. I use iOS 7.0.2. And also I want to mention an interesting point; In Amplitube Slash App, when I tap Setup and after popup menu displays, sound is coming while scrolling the setup menu. If I don't scroll, it stops working again :( It's strange, Amplitube is working but Amplitube Slash is not working.

Also I checked,
(Yes) iOS setting -> Privacy -> Microphone to enable
(Disable) General > Restrictions
puraxays

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:07 pm

They are separate apps so you will likely need to wait until the update appears on the App Store. We have submitted and it is awaiting approval.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby puraxays » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:16 pm

No problem if any update will come. I can wait :)

I just purchased Amplitube Slash, so I don't know if it works before iOS7 with Apogee Jam.

I'm looking forward to new version. Thanks..

Peter_IK wrote:They are separate apps so you will likely need to wait until the update appears on the App Store. We have submitted and it is awaiting approval.
puraxays

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:23 pm

You're welcome. It was submitted so it shouldn't be very long at all.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tpl555 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:11 pm

Using MacOs High Sierra 10.13.6 -- AmpliTube installed but no sound, AmpliTube slash will not install? Have attempted to download multiple times...will not show up on mac. Please advise...
tpl555

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:29 pm

tpl555 wrote:Using MacOs High Sierra 10.13.6 -- AmpliTube installed but no sound, AmpliTube slash will not install? Have attempted to download multiple times...will not show up on mac. Please advise...

Please open a ticket with IK Support about your issue and they will look into the issue for you and help resolve it. Thank you. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories