iRig KEYS becomes first Lightning-compatible music keyboard

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Re: iRig KEYS becomes first Lightning-compatible music keybo

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:12 pm

MacMusicMan wrote:I have the iRig Keys in my wish list as a possible replace for my Novation 25. But I noticed the the new with lightning product seems to be double the price. If you just need a cable to make it lightning compatible does it make sense to purchase the previous version.

I cannot find a comparison chart anywhere so not sure if there are any.

It is not double the price, it is priced to match what it would cost to add the Lightning cable separately to the original iRig KEYS which came out before Lightning existed :) You can find all information about the iRig KEYS family at http://www.irigkeys.com
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MacMusicMan » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:04 pm

Does this mean the cable is a Lightning to Lightning cable or Lightning to USB as I was looking for a Lightning to Lightning cable for a Apple Lightning storage device I have too but could never find one not even from Apple.

Thanks for you help in this matter, I am hoping to buy a few keyboards soon and I am leaning toward a couple of iRig KEYS with Lightning.
MacMusicMan

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:36 pm

The Lightning cable (and other cables included or available for our accessories) are compatible with our accessories. One side is Lightning, and the other plugs into the port on our accessories.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nospam_7 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:05 pm

Will the Lightning cable be available from retailers? The current cost with shipping is $75, which seems somewhat out of proportion, no?
nospam_7

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:43 pm

nospam_7 wrote:Will the Lightning cable be available from retailers? The current cost with shipping is $75, which seems somewhat out of proportion, no?

You can find your local dealers at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/dealers and check with the closest (it uses your location to determine the closest dealers). We only ship from our own locations so we are not a large distribution network like dealers/distributors which is why the shipping to certain areas of the world will be higher than you might be comfortable with.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby langdonauger » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:21 pm

The cable is now $29.99 in your store, before shipping? Is there any way you can do better on that price? I just received an iRig Keys with the old cable, purchased with all of my Christmas money, and cannot afford this cable. I was planning to use the adapter that works with my phone, but it is not working with iRig Keys for some reason.

To the group, do you know of a cheaper solution/seller that makes an adapter that will work, for less than 30 or 40 dollars?
langdonauger

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:32 pm

The price matches the difference between iRig KEYS and iRig KEYS with Lightning and is less than the official Apple 30-pin/Lightning adapters that are the only ones that you can reasonably expect to work as clones have been found to be unreliable and are of course unsupported.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nospam_7 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:33 pm

langdonauger wrote:To the group, do you know of a cheaper solution/seller that makes an adapter that will work, for less than 30 or 40 dollars?

The "problem" is that the Lightning connector uses licensed technology from Apple. It's not just a matter of connecting wires to different connectors; there's actually custom electronics involved. And the $30 price for this cable is right in line with any of the lightning adapters that Apple sells. I don't see any legal way way out of that so it's more than likely that any cheap knockoff isn't going to work properly.

I'll see if I can get it from a local dealer. In the meantime I should be able to use it as a MIDI controller via the Apple Lightning-to-USB adapter (probably + hub, for power). Thanks for the info, Peter.
nospam_7

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:11 pm

No problem. We are licensed and compliant with all Apple requirements and certifications with our gear which is important to us so we can provide the best possible experience.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hakan.sundb » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:55 pm

I tried my iRig Keys with the 30-pin connector to an iPad 4.
I used the Apple original 30-pin-to-lightning adapter.
I got no result. No lights on the keyboard and no tones when keys pressed.
What should I do to make it function?
hakan.sundb

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:50 pm

Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby philjeske » Sat May 28, 2016 4:24 am

I just got the iRig keys and I have a connection issue. I was sent a lightning cable that connects to the USB port on the left side of the keyboard, then to my iPhone 6. The problem is that my phone won't recognize the keyboard.

There is a light on the face of the keyboard to the left of the "set" button that indicates it is in USB mode, and the IOS light is off. On the back of the keyboard next to the pedal output jack is another output jack labeled IOS. This one looks like a small midi jack. The cable I have goes into the left of the keyboard, not the one on the back.

Do I need a new cord? It already took an extra week to get this cord. Please advise.

Phil
philjeske

Postby Peter_IK » Sat May 28, 2016 1:39 pm

I would recommend replying to your ticket to verify the cord sent to you was correct or not. They would be the best bet to ask and verify as well as troubleshoot.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Jennifer.m.fleck » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:00 pm

How do I get the free apps that came with my keyboard?
Jennifer.m.fleck

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Jennifer.m.fleck wrote:How do I get the free apps that came with my keyboard?

Hi, you can find information about what comes with iRig Keys and how to get it at the following link: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ir ... g-keys-app
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories